IE7 and Outlook Express

Old February 2nd 06, 10:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Default IE7 and Outlook Express

Might be a bug in the recent builds (IE7 B2P is 5296 but I saw same behavior
in a NDA).

Then again, might be related to availability of Hotmail in Vista RTM. (...)
--
~PA Bear

Steve Cochran wrote:
How could that possibly be, since we were told emphatically that OE is
different from IE, and IE has nothing to do with OE.

I feel like Cassandra who was only vindicated after Troy burned, except
she got it too.

steve

"PA Bear" wrote in message
It's a known and reproducible bug in IE7 B2P.

Beta testers of IE7 Public Preview are asked to post their comments to
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general newsgroup.

On the web:

In your newsreader:
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

SKM wrote:
I have installed Beta2 of Internet Explorer on my machine and have
come across an issue with Outlook Express. I use Outlook Express as
a fat client for my Hotmail account. After installing IE7 everytime
I access my mail in Outlook Express or switch between folders (in
Outlook Express) I am prompted for credentials. When I am prompted,
I simply click OK becuase my username and password is correct on the
auth window. I HAVE selected to remember my password in OE. I
believe that this is an IE7 related issue becuase I did not have this
problem before I installed the product.

Thanks in advance.
SKM

Old February 3rd 06, 09:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

"PA Bear" wrote in message
Might be a bug in the recent builds (IE7 B2P is 5296 but I saw same
behavior in a NDA).

Then again, might be related to availability of Hotmail in Vista RTM.
(...)
--
~PA Bear

I can get my Hotmail in 5296, but only by checking manually. If I set it to
check automatically it tends to hang.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Old October 30th 06, 04:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
steve

I have had the exact same problem, immediately upon instillation, have tried
re entering passwords etc but no luck.. New I should have tested this thing
first, silly me. ANYONE got any answers

Old October 30th 06, 05:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
antioch

Sorry - wrong group - try here

IE7 questions should be posted to the Internet Explorer General newsgroup as
below -

In your Newsreader:

If you need to use the Web Interface -

Old October 30th 06, 10:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Authentication fails when you use Outlook or Outlook Express to try to log
on to a HTTP-based mail server if you use Internet Explorer version 7.0:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904942
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Old November 2nd 06, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
davidb

I know someone that had a "non valid" copy of XP Pro and installed IE7,
Hotmail would then not work. It kept asking for the password. They
searched and found the update file "WindowsXP-KB904942-v2-x86-ENU.exe"
and ran it. Now Hotmail works fine. Sorry I don't know the link to it.
But it is out there. I was told it is part of the updates you get if
you [could] run windows update, but not being valid they could not get
it the normal way.

They had tried everything, but this worked. If MS thinks you have a
"bootleg" copy of XP (for some reason) you can get the file some place
other than MS, and run just this one file.

--
davidb
davidb's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4941

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Old November 4th 06, 03:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Authentication fails when you use Outlook or Outlook Express to try to
log
on to a HTTP-based mail server if you use Internet Explorer version 7.0:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=904942

The update has been available on Windows Update for months, but as an
optional update. You have to ask for it.