IE7 and Outlook Express

Old February 1st 06, 03:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
SKM

Default IE7 and Outlook Express

I have installed Beta2 of Internet Explorer on my machine and have come
across an issue with Outlook Express. I use Outlook Express as a fat client
for my Hotmail account. After installing IE7 everytime I access my mail in
Outlook Express or switch between folders (in Outlook Express) I am prompted
for credentials. When I am prompted, I simply click OK becuase my username
and password is correct on the auth window. I HAVE selected to remember my
password in OE. I believe that this is an IE7 related issue becuase I did
not have this problem before I installed the product.

Thanks in advance.
SKM
Old February 1st 06, 03:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Alias

SKM wrote:
I have installed Beta2 of Internet Explorer on my machine and have come
across an issue with Outlook Express. I use Outlook Express as a fat client
for my Hotmail account. After installing IE7 everytime I access my mail in
Outlook Express or switch between folders (in Outlook Express) I am prompted
for credentials. When I am prompted, I simply click OK becuase my username
and password is correct on the auth window. I HAVE selected to remember my
password in OE. I believe that this is an IE7 related issue becuase I did
not have this problem before I installed the product.

Thanks in advance.
SKM

Uninstall the Beta unless you enjoy having to to a clean install. If you
want what IE 7 has and more, get Firefox.

Alias

Old February 1st 06, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Sherwood Anderson

Same thing here.
De-installing IE7 and going to Firefox is NOT an option. Anyone with a
solution gets my hat off.

Old February 1st 06, 04:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Alias

Sherwood Anderson wrote:
Same thing here.
De-installing IE7 and going to Firefox is NOT an option. Anyone with a
solution gets my hat off.

LOL! Yes, it is an option, just not one you want to consider. If you
play with a BETA, you get the effects of playing with a BETA so post
your whining to the IE7 BETA newsgroup. This is an Outlook Express
newsgroup and most people here don't play with IE7.

Alias

Old February 1st 06, 04:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
SKM

I am confident a solution to this issue exists from Microsoft.

Since IE 7 will be released for Windows XP (i.e. for use with Outlook
Express 6) Microsoft WILL support this type of situation future. It is my
hope that they have encountered this issue to date an have found some sort of
solution at this stage in the devlopment cycle.

(To alias' comment: Yes, I realize that that this is the OE 6 newsgroup and
that IE 7 is in beta. However, newsgroups exist to share information with
the community. Another user (Sherwood Anderson) checked this newsgroup in
troubleshooting the same issue and as a result believe that my post is
applicable an in line with the stated purpose of the newsgroup. If you don't
like that...well...don't use the newsgroup!)

Old February 1st 06, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Alias

SKM wrote:
I am confident a solution to this issue exists from Microsoft.

Since IE 7 will be released for Windows XP (i.e. for use with Outlook
Express 6) Microsoft WILL support this type of situation future. It is my
hope that they have encountered this issue to date an have found some sort of
solution at this stage in the devlopment cycle.

(To alias' comment: Yes, I realize that that this is the OE 6 newsgroup and
that IE 7 is in beta. However, newsgroups exist to share information with
the community. Another user (Sherwood Anderson) checked this newsgroup in
troubleshooting the same issue and as a result believe that my post is
applicable an in line with the stated purpose of the newsgroup. If you don't
like that...well...don't use the newsgroup!)

You're off topic. You will have more luck if you post this to an IE7
BETA newsgroup.

I hope the computer you have installed this unfinished software on isn't
your work computer ...

Alias

Old February 1st 06, 05:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Sherwood Anderson

1. Who's whining here? We are working on solving the problem.

2. If I wanted to have a Firefox problem solved, I would have gone
elsewhere.

3. Ranting against Microsoft is oh-so-90s. Get a life.

Trolls, go home.

SA

Old February 1st 06, 05:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Andre DeLemarre

I got the same problem using OE with beta explorer 7.
Try to find a clue but nothing for the moment

--
Andre DeLemarre

Old February 1st 06, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Peter

Post in news:microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general for IE7

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

Old February 1st 06, 06:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
KENNETH M LONG

My question why are you in an OE6 newsgroup if you are a firefox user, why
don't you have thunder bird?