Old newsgroup messages will not delete after x number of days

Old January 3rd 08, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Default Old newsgroup messages will not delete after x number of days

Louise wrote:
Thanks for the tips, link and advice Bruce (and others in this thread),
much
appreciated and I think I have a better understanding of what is going on
now.

Seems it is all to do with the automatic compacting that used to be done
in
the background on 98SE whereas now it is less frequent and ideally needs
be done by the user at regular intervals. I will see how I get on with
that - I did a compact last night and all seemed to go okay. Plus, having
the ability to delete messages is very handy!

1. "Compact messages in the background" was removed in OE6/WinXP SP2.

2. Even when "Compact messages in the background" was present and enabled,
the two Delete options you cited would delete downloaded messages only, not
the headers.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net