Save to folder no longer remembered

Old January 9th 06, 05:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
JustMe

Default Save to folder no longer remembered

Win2KPro, OE6

In the old days OE used to remember the "Save to" folder for attachments -
particularly useful when saving multiple attachments from multiple Emails on
a regular basis.

For some time this feature has been what I would describe as broken - I seem
to recall finding something about this on the web which stated that a fix
was made at the request of several MVPs, but that this fix caused the final
character of the chosen folder to be dropped, breaking the fix.

Can anyone tell me if the status of this is still the same (i.e. unfixed -
and if not where I can find the fix) or whether there is any known-good
workaraound?

Many thanks.

Old January 9th 06, 05:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

"JustMe" wrote in message

Win2KPro, OE6

In the old days OE used to remember the "Save to" folder for
attachments - particularly useful when saving multiple attachments
from multiple Emails on a regular basis.

For some time this feature has been what I would describe as broken -
I seem to recall finding something about this on the web which stated
that a fix was made at the request of several MVPs, but that this fix
caused the final character of the chosen folder to be dropped,
breaking the fix.

Can anyone tell me if the status of this is still the same (i.e.
unfixed - and if not where I can find the fix) or whether there is
any known-good workaraound?

Many thanks.

This is fixed in the latest update for OE in WinXP SP2.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Old January 9th 06, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
JustMe

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE" wrote in message
"JustMe" wrote in message

Win2KPro, OE6

In the old days OE used to remember the "Save to" folder for
attachments - particularly useful when saving multiple attachments
from multiple Emails on a regular basis.

For some time this feature has been what I would describe as broken -
I seem to recall finding something about this on the web which stated
that a fix was made at the request of several MVPs, but that this fix
caused the final character of the chosen folder to be dropped,
breaking the fix.

Can anyone tell me if the status of this is still the same (i.e.
unfixed - and if not where I can find the fix) or whether there is
any known-good workaraound?

Many thanks.

This is fixed in the latest update for OE in WinXP SP2.

I use Windows 2000 Pro. Is it fixed for me too?

Old January 9th 06, 08:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

"JustMe" wrote in message

Win2KPro, OE6

In the old days OE used to remember the "Save to" folder for
attachments - particularly useful when saving multiple attachments
from multiple Emails on a regular basis.

For some time this feature has been what I would describe as broken -
I seem to recall finding something about this on the web which stated
that a fix was made at the request of several MVPs, but that this fix
caused the final character of the chosen folder to be dropped,
breaking the fix.

Can anyone tell me if the status of this is still the same (i.e.
unfixed - and if not where I can find the fix) or whether there is
any known-good workaraound?

Many thanks.

This is fixed in the latest update for OE in WinXP SP2.

I use Windows 2000 Pro. Is it fixed for me too?

I don't think so.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Old January 9th 06, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

There's a workaround

Set the "Save Attachment" Default in OE (Line 242)

Get
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...saveas_all.vbs
or
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...aveAttPath.exe

*Note: for 9x systems, and possibly Win2K, you need the VB6 runtimes
installed to use the EXE version.

Old January 12th 06, 04:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
JustMe

"Michael Santovec" wrote in message
There's a workaround

Set the "Save Attachment" Default in OE (Line 242)

Get
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...saveas_all.vbs
or
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...aveAttPath.exe

*Note: for 9x systems, and possibly Win2K, you need the VB6 runtimes
installed to use the EXE version.

Thanks - I tried this, restarted OE and it sort of didn't work!
The save to path in OE shows the path I've selected followed by many slashes
like so:
C:\Folder\Folder\Folder\Folder\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\

Any thoughts?

Old January 12th 06, 11:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

JustMe wrote:
"Michael Santovec" wrote in message
There's a workaround

Set the "Save Attachment" Default in OE (Line 242)

Get
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...saveas_all.vbs
or
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...aveAttPath.exe

*Note: for 9x systems, and possibly Win2K, you need the VB6 runtimes
installed to use the EXE version.

Thanks - I tried this, restarted OE and it sort of didn't work!
The save to path in OE shows the path I've selected followed by many
slashes like so:
C:\Folder\Folder\Folder\Folder\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\

Any thoughts?

After your first Save To, the location you chose will be remembered. This
fix can "wear out" depending on your usage of Save To so you may need to use
it again, unless the fix comes out first (don't hold your breath).

Also available at...

..vbs - http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...saveas_all.vbs
..exe* - http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...aveAttPath.exe
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org