Error 0x800CCCF4 or 0x80042007

Old July 10th 07, 09:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
VN

Default Error 0x800CCCF4 or 0x80042007

Hi!

I am using Window XP pack 2 and OE 6. Recently I cannot receive email from
hotmail by OE when I am in Asia. The Error number is 0x800CCCF4 or
0x80042007. Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

Old July 10th 07, 10:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Are you using your laptop computer?

Post the complete error messages. Also tell us in what Asian country you
are and how you're connecting to the internet when this happens. The
0x800CCCF4 error usually points to an intervening proxy server, not unusual
in many of the more-repressive Asian countries.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Old July 11th 07, 03:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
VN

I am using desktop computer and I am in Vietnam now. I connect to Internet
via modem (ADSL type). The error message is

Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail',
Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol:
HTTPMail, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF4"

Old July 11th 07, 05:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
...winston

Is this a new occurrence(i.e. does 'recently' mean it worked yesterday or a few days ago from the same Adsl connection) ?
..winston

:
: Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail',
: Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol:
: HTTPMail, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF4"
:
:
: "PA Bear" wrote in message
: ...
: Are you using your laptop computer?
:
: Post the complete error messages. Also tell us in what Asian country you
: are and how you're connecting to the internet when this happens. The
: 0x800CCCF4 error usually points to an intervening proxy server, not
: unusual in many of the more-repressive Asian countries.
: --
: ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
: MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
: AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
:
Old July 11th 07, 06:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

See winston's reply.

Is this a sudden, new problem or an ongoing one? Have you ever been able to
access the account in OE *on this machine* before? ...on
any other machine?

Does the machine belong to you or is it a friend's machine or located in an
internet café?
--
~PA Bear

Old July 12th 07, 03:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
VN

This is an ongoing one. I cannot access hotmail in OE in my PC while I can
do it in other PCs. But there are few PCs which I can access to hotmail in
OE. Another common error is

Header download for the 'Inbox' folder did not complete. Account:
'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp',
Protocol: HTTPMail, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80042007

Old July 13th 07, 08:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

IE Tools Internet Options Privacy Sites type in

hotmail.com
live.com [and]
msn.com

then Allow cookies for each domain, in turn.

NB: There is heavy internet censoring in Vietnam and you may even be behind
a proxy. Either could affect your ability to access the account.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Old July 18th 07, 05:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
VN

Today I can access to hotmail with OE by

OE: File - Identitties - Add New Identities - set up hotmail accout.

Sometimes this method works, sometimes it does not. I think the problem is
not internet censoring or proxy.