error code 80004005 4 months now

Old February 2nd 07, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
hayat

Default error code 80004005 4 months now

"hayat" ha scritto nel messaggio news:...

"PA Bear" ha scritto nel messaggio
You may have missed:

If you use a router, you may need to adjust MTU values:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315008

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

dwolf wrote:
After "green checking" all Outlook Express settings in ZA ???

I have a linksys router that has the firewall... how might I tweak it.
Or is the setting in my Internet security settings ?

dwolf

"bobster" wrote in message
I have experienced the same problem as dwolf and hadn't been able to
find a
solution. Since it was just an annoyance, I lived with it for several
months until PA Bear suggested several things that might cause it.
After
trying his suggestions, I found the culprit to be my Zone Alarm
firewall
permissions. After "green checking" all Outlook Express settings in
ZA,
the error code 80004005 problem disappeared.

Thanks, Bear and I hope it works for you, dwolf.

===========

"PA Bear" wrote in message
I shall assume WinXP SP2.

Most of the time, the error indicates problems on MSN/Hotmail's end
(despite what they may say). Here are some things you can check/try:

Your current Identity may be damaged, especially if its the default
Main
Identity. Try one or more of your accounts in a new Named Identity
(File

Identities Add new identity). Assuming all is well, (1) compact all
folders in the old identity, (2) import messages from the old identity
into the new one (don't bother with any of the Hotmail folders), and
then
(3) delete the old one (File Identities Manage Identities).

Make certain your time, date, and /time zone/ settings are correct.

IE ToolsInternet OptionsPrivacySites type in

hotmail.com
live.com

and Allow All Cookies for each domain.

Temporarily disable your firewall (BE CAREFUL! Enable the Windows
Firewall
immediately after doing so!), any "system" tools (e.g., Trend Micro
Internet Security) and pop-up/ad blockers to see if they're
interfering.

If you use a router, you may need to adjust MTU values:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315008

IE Tools Internet Options Advanced HTTP 1.1 toggle on/off;
"Use
HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections" must *not* be checked.

IE Tools Internet Options Security [zone in OE runs; should be
Restricted Sites] Custom Level User Authentication Logon
toggle
between the setting choices here [All options EXCEPT 'Automatic logon
only
in Intranet zone' work for me; currently 'Anonymous logon' is checked]

Resetting either or both of the above Tabs to the defaults might help,
too. --
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

dwolf wrote:
Version 6... I've had this account for years with no problems until
this
started.. so Yes it worked
"PA Bear" wrote in message
Windows and IE versions?

Has the account EVER worked in OE without getting this error first
time
around?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

dwolf wrote:
Configuration:
Account: Hotmail
Server: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp
User name:
Protocol: HTTPMail
Port: 0
Secure(SSL): 0
Code: 80004005

I've been getting this error for about 4 months now... I've deleted
the
account and move all the messages out of it..
I even have a new pc
When I click on my hotmail and I get this error.. I click ok and
then
click
send and receive hotmail and I get my mail.
any new ideas ?