4 Email Addresses Won't Share the Address Book

Old January 29th 07, 04:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Wudchuk

Default 4 Email Addresses Won't Share the Address Book

I had enjoyed the ability to set up 4 different email addresses which share
the same address book. That was with Windows 98 on my old PC.

Now that I have finally upgraded to Windows Pro MCE on my new PC,
I seem to have lost the ability to share this address book.

One of the addresses is a non-profit organization which has 200 plus
email addresses which I use both personally and on behalf of the club.

I was able to successfully Import the address book from the old PC
to the new environment and share it amongst all email addresses.

However, any changes/additions being made to the address book
are only being recognized by the email address in which the change
is being made.

Any help in correcting this situation would be most appreciated.

--
Wudchuk
Old January 29th 07, 10:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

"Wudchuk" wrote in message
I had enjoyed the ability to set up 4 different email addresses which share
the same address book. That was with Windows 98 on my old PC.

Now that I have finally upgraded to Windows Pro MCE on my new PC,
I seem to have lost the ability to share this address book.

One of the addresses is a non-profit organization which has 200 plus
email addresses which I use both personally and on behalf of the club.

I was able to successfully Import the address book from the old PC
to the new environment and share it amongst all email addresses.

However, any changes/additions being made to the address book
are only being recognized by the email address in which the change
is being made.

Any help in correcting this situation would be most appreciated.

The way to do this is to have all of the mail accounts in the same OE
Identity on the same Windows User Account.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Old January 29th 07, 01:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Wudchuk

To the best of my knowledge, I only have one 1 Windows User ID and therefore
evertything should reside under that ID.
How can I confirm this?
--
Wudchuk

Old January 29th 07, 02:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

"Wudchuk" wrote in message
To the best of my knowledge, I only have one 1 Windows User ID and
therefore
evertything should reside under that ID.
How can I confirm this?

You could look under Control Panel | Users.

Then the question is have you set all the mail accounts up under one OE
identity?

Old January 29th 07, 09:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Do you have separate identities within OE? That is you use File, Switch
Identities to switch between e-mail addresses?

If so, they are sharing a single WAB (Windows Address Book) file. But
each identity gets a private section of the address book. But there is
also a Shared Contacts section that all identities share. In that case,
switch to any given identity, open the address book and move an desired
contacts from the identity section to the Shared Contacts section.
Those will then be available to all identities.

Old January 30th 07, 12:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Wudchuk

That is exactly how I'm set up.
By using the Shared Contacts, will any change made thru one ID be recorded
across all ID's?
--
Wudchuk

Old January 31st 07, 02:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

As long as they are within the same Windows logon. If they are in
separate Windows logons, then they get separate WAB files.