Error 0x800CCC92 in downloading yahoo email to OE6

Old December 27th 06, 11:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Candy

Default Error 0x800CCC92 in downloading yahoo email to OE6

Hello,

When I try to download my yahoo email into my OE6, I keep getting messages
that my password is being rejected, and the process will not continue. The
error number is 0x800CCC92. Can someone please help me fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Candy

Old December 28th 06, 02:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no
additional protection and even Symantec says it's not necessary:

paste
Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses that
are distributed as email attachments. Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect scans
incoming files as they are saved to your hard drive, including email and
email attachments. Email Scanning is just another layer on top of this. To
make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the maximum protection, keep
Auto-Protect enabled and run LiveUpdate regularly to ensure that you have
the most recent virus definitions.
/paste

Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you are using OL and OE
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Old December 28th 06, 07:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Was this working?

How to configure POP3 email client to send and receive Yahoo Mail
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-03.html
Errors Receiving Yahoo Mail via POP3 email client
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-10.html
Errors Sending Yahoo Mail via SMTP email client
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-11.html
YPOPs
http://www.ypopsemail.com/

0x800CCC92 error LeeG Outlook Express 3 July 15th 06 06:59 PM
error (0x800CCC92) Husker Todd Outlook - Installation 0 March 15th 06 09:09 AM
error (0x800CCC92) Brian Tillman Outlook - Installation 5 January 21st 06 09:02 AM
error (0x800CCC92) phil Outlook - Installation 0 January 13th 06 01:45 PM