0x800CCC92 error

Old July 15th 06, 08:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
LeeG

Default 0x800CCC92 error

I have recently set up outlook to access my email account with BTYahoo. I
can receive emails but when I try to send emails I get the error 0x800CCC92
'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password
in your account properties. Under Tools, Click Email accounts'.

I have disabled my email scanning and also disabled MSMGS (as advised in
scanner completely but no joy.

The details for logging on are correct and I can access my email account
directly using these details. If I can access my email account directly then
surely this should be working?

I am running Avast anti virus, Windows defender, Spybot resident scanner,
and have a permanant connection to the internet.

Old July 15th 06, 01:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
antioch

"LeeG" wrote in message
I have recently set up outlook to access my email account with BTYahoo. I
can receive emails but when I try to send emails I get the error
0x800CCC92
'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and
password
in your account properties. Under Tools, Click Email accounts'.

I have disabled my email scanning and also disabled MSMGS (as advised in
scanner completely but no joy.

The details for logging on are correct and I can access my email account
directly using these details. If I can access my email account directly
then
surely this should be working?

I am running Avast anti virus, Windows defender, Spybot resident scanner,
and have a permanant connection to the internet.

Hello Lee
What sort of service do you get from your ISP?
I used to get this quite frequently with my ISP and after doing the usual
checks as it would appear you have done i.e. Google for that error code as
below

http://www.awebhosting.com/help/outlook_xp/errors.html

they would reset passwords or change them and all would be OK until the next
time.
On the odd occasion it occurs now, I get in touch with them straight away -
it is always a problem their end each time.
They are always having these 'outages' etc which tend to effect something.
I see the poster before you has a similar prob. but you seem to have done
what was advised in that post.
I sometimes try this before contact - sometimes it works - not always alas -
only if the problem is from one of their 'outages'
Switch off the comp - disconnect the BB connection - go and have a coffee -
reconnect your BB - wait at least a minute for it to settle, then switch on
the comp. - with fingers crossed.
Rgds
Antioch

Old July 15th 06, 06:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Since you get the error on sending, that suggests that your ISP is using
SMTP authentication. In OE this is specified in Tools, Accounts, Mail,
Properties, Servers, Outgoing Mail Server, My Server Requires
Authentication. Also check the SETTINGS button there. Typically the
SMTP login is the same as the incoming server.

"LeeG" wrote in message
I have recently set up outlook to access my email account with BTYahoo.
can receive emails but when I try to send emails I get the error
0x800CCC92
'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and
password
in your account properties. Under Tools, Click Email accounts'.

I have disabled my email scanning and also disabled MSMGS (as advised
in
antivirus

Old July 15th 06, 06:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
LeeG

I have checked all the settings as set out by BTYahoo and as far as I can
tell everything is as it should be. I am currently waiting to see what
BTYahoo have to say. When I test the settings everything happens that should
except the sending of a test email. ie outlook can communicate with the
server but can't send an email