Password will not accept

Old November 25th 06, 10:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jack Moyers

Default Password will not accept

I was using incredimail for my default messenger, but want to go back to
outlook. I have outlook 6 now and can't get my password to take. I change
it, use the old, and have done all I can think of. The following error
message comes up:
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was
rejected. Account: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com', Server: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Authentication failed', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Can anyone help me!!!!!!!

Jack

Old November 25th 06, 10:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

You can't make up your own Logon password for OE without your mail server
agreeing.

Your ISP should be able to tell you what your password is, or see this site
for a tool to retrieve your e-mail account password:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mailpv.html
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old November 25th 06, 11:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jack Moyers

Thanks for the info. Bruce. As an info. the Mail Pass view program has a
Trojan virus attached to it (Generic PWS.) I will get in touch with Road
Runner on Monday and thanks for your help.

Jack

Old November 26th 06, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

There is no virus attached to the nirsoft utilities. It is only that most
AV programs will mark as suspect anything that probes as deeply into the
Protected Storage as it does to find the information regarding passwords.
It is quite safe to use.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP/Windows Mail applications
Please reply ONLY to newsgroup.

Old November 26th 06, 04:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

No, there isn't.
It's a false positive from whatever detector program you're using.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com