Blocked Senders List

Old November 10th 06, 06:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kate

Default Blocked Senders List

I recently installed then uninstalled IE7. Now I find that my Blocked
Senders list in OE6 has been de-populated and, if I add to it, the
sender will appear in the list as long as OE remains open. However,
if I exit OE and then return later, the entry has disappeared. Does
anyone know how to resolve this, please?

Kate

Old November 10th 06, 06:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

The Blocked Senders registry key is damaged.

1.. Close OE and then In Regedit, navigate to this key:

|--HKEY_CURRENT_USER
|-----Identities
|--------{GUID}
|-----------Software
|--------------Microsoft
|-----------------Outlook Express
|--------------------5.0

where GUID is the Global Unique IDentifier for your Identity.

2.. Under that key, you will find the following sub-keys, among
others:

|-----------------------Block Senders
|-----------------------Rules
|-----------------------Signatures

Select the Block Senders Key and delete it. Blocked Senders will be empty,
but you can rebuild it now.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old November 10th 06, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kate

Thanks for that, Bruce. BTW, all the keys were there for the original
list and I had hoped I could move them into the new Block Senders
folder, but it seems that Registry doesn`t work like that and I shall
have to use the long route.

Thanks again
Kate

Old November 10th 06, 08:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

You're welcome. I suggest you get this freebie tool. With a simple click of
your mouse, everything in OE is backed up including the registry. Do it
daily.

Outlook Express Quick Backup (OEQB):
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
~IB-CA~

Old November 10th 06, 09:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kate

I have a tape drive and Yosemite`s Tapeware, so I back up new and
changed files (including Registry) everyday, plus, once a week, I back
up everything. Could I take a tape from before I installed IE7
(assuming it was that which damaged the Block Senders folder) and
replace/restore it from there?

Old November 10th 06, 09:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

You would have to look at the restore instructions for that program. I am
not familliar with it. With OEQB, you would either do a Restore, or open the
file the backup is in and click on the registry icon for that identity and
add it back to the registry.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old November 11th 06, 01:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

"Kate" wrote in message
Thanks for that, Bruce. BTW, all the keys were there for the original
list and I had hoped I could move them into the new Block Senders folder,
but it seems that Registry doesn`t work like that and I shall have to use
the long route.

You can try exporting the Block Senders key, deleting it, and importing from
the REG file made during export. This sometimes fixes it.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Old November 11th 06, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kate

I shall make a note of these helpful hints in case I need them in
future. For now, I have already deleted the old Block Senders folders
from Registry, so will try and restore the keys from my backup tape.

Thanks to you both.

Kate

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote in
message ...