HTML Signature with Picture Logo

Old October 31st 06, 11:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
charlie0913

Default HTML Signature with Picture Logo

I had my web developer put together a signature for me with my logo. I saved
the image under My Pictures. Saved it in OE Tools/Signatures/File, etc. I
also changed my HTML Editor to Notepad, but everytime I try and send an email
with "Sign" selected I only get an empty box with a small red x in the upper
left hand corner. Any ideas. I've spend days trying to find a solution and
nothing is working?
Old November 1st 06, 12:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
VickiH

Charlie...the system can't find it. Double check your pathline. Also,
check your HTML settings. Tools, Options, Send. Under Mail Sending Format,
click the HTML Settings box and make sure there's a checkmark in "Send
pictures with messages."

VickiH

Old November 1st 06, 12:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Andy

Hi Charlie,

I got these instructions from Steve Cochrane some time ago. They may help.
Sure worked for me.

"Copy this code:

HTML
BODY
IMG src="file://c:\myimages\myimage.jpg"
/BODY
/HTML

and paste it into a new Notepad window. Edit the src value to represent the
full path to the image you saved. Then save the file and give it an htm
file extension. Then click on the file to open it and verify that the image
is displayed (if its not, then the path to the image in the src is incorrect
and you will need to fix it).

Then use that file in OE as your signature for HTML formatted messages (it
will not work for plain text)."

Good Luck.
Andy I.

Old November 1st 06, 12:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kuay Tim

Hi Charlie,

Here's a minimal HTM/HTML (*.htm/*.html) file that might work for you. A Web
page editor could also be used to create the file to use with your graphic.
Be sure not save as a TXT (*.txt) text file

****

Create a file as follows (using Notepad) and save it as signature.html and
use it by browsing to the file when it asks for your new signature. Please
note it will only work in messages that are formatted as HTML messages.

HTML
BODY
IMG src="file://c:\myimages\myimage.jpg"
/BODY
/HTML
Make sure the full path to the image is included as the src.
Then go to Tools | Options | Signatures and designate that file as your
HTML signature.
Thanks to: Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
Provided by: Steve Cochran, MVP-Outlook Express

--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim

Old November 1st 06, 01:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
charlie0913

I use OUtlook express 6 for email and Internet explorer 7 for surfing the
web. SO far no suggestions have worked. I've tried using notepad, but my
version does not allow me to specify saving to an html file. I'm not very
computer savvy when it comes to web stuff, but it seems that I don't have any
software to work with html.

Old November 1st 06, 05:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Tim K

Hi Charlie,

Saving as a HTM file is not a problem.

Choose "Save As" if the file is already named
Name the file with the (htm) extension
Example File Name: Signature.htm
Before saving select "All Files" from the file type drop down list.

Even if the file is saved with the (*.txt) extension this can be changed by
renaming the file using the (*.htm) extension.
Example File: Signature.txt
Change to: Signature.htm

This message may be an unintended duplicate.
--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim

Old November 1st 06, 06:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Andy

Hi Charlie,

When you SAVE it from Notepad, disregard the extension. *Make* the
extension .htm, then follow the rest of the instructions. It works. (Be
very careful to type the full path to your file very carefully.)

Good Luck.
Andy I.

"charlie0913" wrote in message
: Thanks, but this didn't work either. My notepad doesn't let me specify
save
: in html format.
:
: "Andy" wrote:
[...]