emailing a song

Old September 23rd 06, 05:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Guest

Default emailing a song

"Happy" escribió en el mensaje
A puzzler: Using "Format background Sound, attaching a music file, and
sending the email to a few friends, BCC to myself, the music does not play
in the friends' email, but does in mine! I have tried three friends, all
with different providers, and one on dial-up.
Any thoughts?

Old September 25th 06, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
VickiH

What type of music files are you sending? Mid, WMAs, ASPs? Midis should
send just fine. WMA's, ASPs, etc. should be steamed from your website
because of the size. You can either create a link, or insert a small script
into your HTML ASFs should be converted to WMA to reduce the file size.

Vicki :-)

Old September 25th 06, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Andy I.

Hi,

When you use "FORMAT / BACKGROUND", you are not using "ATTACHMENT".
"FORMAT - BACKGROUND" works only with WAV or MIDI files.

Good Luck.
Andy I.

Old September 25th 06, 07:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

What format of file are you sending? WAV, MID, MP3, etc.?

Is the file actually getting sent with the message? In Tools, Options,
Send, Mail, HTML Settings make sure Send Pictures is checked.

Looking at the size of the message should also indicate whether OE is
sending the file or just a link to the file on your hard disk.

"Happy" wrote in message
A puzzler: Using "Format background Sound, attaching a music file,
and sending the email to a few friends, BCC to myself, the music does
not play in the friends' email, but does in mine! I have tried three
friends, all with different providers, and one on dial-up.
Any thoughts?

emailing to an outside person Regina Horne Outlook Express 3 August 31st 06 04:42 AM
Emailing Brianna Beverley Outlook Express 2 May 23rd 06 02:34 PM
emailing with two accounts? Peter Brown Outlook - Installation 2 April 24th 06 12:37 AM
emailing Carly Luedtke Outlook Express 2 February 23rd 06 06:49 AM
emailing from outlook glwood Outlook - General Queries 1 January 10th 06 05:37 AM