Message Rules stopped working...

Old August 16th 06, 07:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ken123

Default Message Rules stopped working...

After the latest round of XP automatic updates, several of my message rules
stopped working, with messages going to Inbox or Deleted Items instead to
other folders I've created for them. Anybody else notice this?

Old August 16th 06, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Make sure your rules are in a logical order. Generally:

Rules that divert mail first.

Delete it from server next.

All others last.

Make sure all rules have Stop processing more rules checked unless the box
is grayed out.

Message Rules not working?:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideoe/faqs/why.htm#rules

Try these suggestions first and let us know.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old August 16th 06, 11:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ken123

It seems strange they were all working properly just as they are organized
now, until the latest round of MS
updates. But thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them.