How to Copy OE6 w/ several Identies from Win98SE to W2K or XP

Old July 20th 06, 04:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Randy

Default How to Copy OE6 w/ several Identies from Win98SE to W2K or XP

My C Drive on my W98SE Machine is having MAJOR issues and won't boot.

How can I copy my OE 6 emails from several identies and address books to
either W2K or Win XP?

Old July 20th 06, 10:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Randy

Frank,

As info, I got a page not found for this url http://www.oehelp.com/backup.

I think I have to copy the OE files from my C Drive by using the C Drive as
a Slave. Can I copy the *.dbx files to a folder and import to a new OE?

Will the address book be there too or is that some where else? Some how I
don't think the addresses are in a *.WAB file.

Keep in mind this is Win98 SE.

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote:

"Randy" wrote in message
My C Drive on my W98SE Machine is having MAJOR issues and won't boot.

How can I copy my OE 6 emails from several identies and address books to
either W2K or Win XP?

Backing up and Cloning your OE Identities
http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm
and
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/...pten.mspx#EBAA
Number 1
and
http://www.oehelp.com/backup

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Old July 21st 06, 02:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

"Randy" wrote in message
Frank,

As info, I got a page not found for this url http://www.oehelp.com/backup.

I think I have to copy the OE files from my C Drive by using the C Drive
as
a Slave. Can I copy the *.dbx files to a folder and import to a new OE?

Will the address book be there too or is that some where else? Some how I
don't think the addresses are in a *.WAB file.

Keep in mind this is Win98 SE.

Oh, fiddle! I'll have to find out what's wrong with that site.

Win98 doesn't make any difference. Unless you were sharing contacts with
Outlook, they are in a WAB file. Tom's site
(http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm) should have instructions for
that. If you were sharing with Outlook you will have to export them from
Outlook as a CSV file and import that into OE.

The DBX file can be put in any folder on your hard drive to import from, but
if you use a CD (or DVD) to transfer them you will probably have to Remove
the Read Only attribute in order for OE to be able to import from them.

Old July 21st 06, 02:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Yep. Bad link, but not sure why. This is where Frank sent you:
http://www.oehelp.com/

See also:

Backup and Resto

http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/backup/

http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/...ten.mspx#E3EAC

Backing up and Cloning your OE Identities:
http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/backup/clone.htm
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old July 21st 06, 07:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote in message
"Randy" wrote in message
[...]

The .aspx fell off the back.