fonts keep changing in Outlook Express

Old July 12th 06, 02:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Mauzey

Default fonts keep changing in Outlook Express

I just got a new computer and I can't seem to configure OE6 to keep my
default font settings. I have gone to Tools --Options--Compose to set my
default e-mail settings to: Verdana, bold, 10 pt with black lettering".

However, if I try to use a stationary like "clear days", when I type in the
e-mail, the text
comes out "arial, non-bold, 10 pt. with blue letters".

I didn't have this problem with the stationary causing fonts to change on my
old computer. Any suggestions on how to make the e-mails with stationary
stick to my default font settings?

Thanks in advance ... pormike

Old July 13th 06, 12:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

It sounds as if the particular stationery is modifying the font settings.
You may need to edit the HTML of the stationery file to fix that.

steve

Old July 14th 06, 08:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Mauzey

Thanks Steve, but my being a dumbie here, I gotta ask ya ... any idea how I
do that?

Thanks for answering and if you know how, i would much appreciate it.

Old July 16th 06, 01:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

Two things. One is compose with no stationery and verify you can change the
fonts, to indicate that font switching works.

Second, compose with stationery and then go to View | Source Edit and then
you can edit the HTML in the message where it stipulates the font by
clicking on the Source tab.