Outlook / Office 07 changing the fonts?

Old May 25th 06, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Andrew Wiseman

Default Outlook / Office 07 changing the fonts?

I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to the Office 2007 public beta, and
what's bothering me most at the moment is the ugly new application font,
"Segoe UI". To my eyes it is truly ugly. So I set about changing it where I
could in Outlook back to Tahoma. I've also switched off Cleartype!

So far I've only managed to get rid of Segoe in the top mail grid and main
body of the mail messages and the calendar navigator.

Is there any way to change any more of the interface back to Tahoma or am I
stuck with half and half?

Old May 25th 06, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Nocturnal

Which portion did you want to change? The menu/list on the left hand side
can be changed through desktop settings. Also if you go into customize
current view you can change the fonts from the generic MS font to whatever
you like. I want to be able to change the RSS feed fonts. I hope this is
implemented.

--

Nocturnal @ www.randomfix.com

Old May 26th 06, 01:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Andrew Wiseman

"Nocturnal" wrote in message
Which portion did you want to change?

All of it :-)

Looking at the pane headers of "Mail" and "Inbox", in Segoe, the spacing
makes it look like "Ma i l" and "In b ox"!

The menu/list on the left hand side can be changed through desktop
settings.

Maybe in Vista, but not in XP AFAIK.

Also if you go into customize current view you can change the fonts from
the generic MS font to whatever you like.

I've used Customize Current View to the look of most of the e-mail, but the
reading pane still uses the horrid font in the headers.

I've also used Tools Options Other Advanced Options... to change the Data
Navigator font to Tahoma 8pt.

But everything else is ugly, blurry Segoe :-(

I want to be able to change the RSS feed fonts. I hope this is
implemented.

I can't see why we can't change the fonts to suit ourselves anywhere in the
system. I guess it's called progress :-)

Old June 7th 06, 09:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
FredFedup

"Andrew Wiseman" wrote:

"Nocturnal" wrote in message
[...]

I can't believe how blurry the whole package looks. It is a disgrace or does one need a special glasse to see clear.

I cannot believe what my eyes blurrily see, still worsened by the
continously flowing tears.
FredFedup