How can I change default "Save in:" for Outlook Express messages

Old June 27th 06, 09:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

Default How can I change default "Save in:" for Outlook Express messages

When I want to save an incoming message in OE I go to File, then Save
As. I get a diaog box with a "Save in:" bar which lists a default
folder, but it's one that I don't want to use. So I have to use the
pull-down menu to change this folder each time from the default to the
desktop folder, which I prefer. How can I change the default folder to
the desktop folder?

Old June 28th 06, 12:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Windows version? Is the machine fully up-to-date at WIndows Update?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

Old June 29th 06, 12:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

PA Bear wrote:
Windows version? Is the machine fully up-to-date at WIndows Update?

I have Windows XP Home Ed. Fully up to date with latest downloads.

Old June 29th 06, 02:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

You've received an email message and you've opened it. While it's open, you
use "File Save as" to save it: What's the default folder that it opens to?

If you select /another/ folder (not the desktop) and save the message, does
this same folder become the default when you do your next Save As?

I'm not sure you can make desktop the default.

Old July 1st 06, 01:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

When the incoming email is open and I go to FileSave As, the default
Save in: folder is My Documents on my backup hard disc (D). When I
change the Save in: folder to anything else the nes filder does not
become the default. It always reverts to My Documents on D. If I can't
make Desktop the default is there a way to change the default to My
Documents on C?

Old July 5th 06, 12:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

Set the "Save Attachments" Default in OE - For XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/oesaveas.vbs

Set the "Save Attachments" Default in OE - For Win98
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...oesaveas98.vbs
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

ups.com...

Old July 5th 06, 01:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

I don't think he is trying to save the attachments.

What he might do instead is just have an Explorer window open to the
appropriate directory and then drag the message from the header list to that
directory to save it there. Its more efficient than going through a menu
system.

steve

"Jim Pickering" wrote in message
Set the "Save Attachments" Default in OE - For XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/oesaveas.vbs

Set the "Save Attachments" Default in OE - For Win98
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...oesaveas98.vbs
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6
Please deliver feedback to the newsgroup, so that others can be helped.

ups.com...

Old July 5th 06, 11:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Thanks. I assume its location is simply D:\My Documents (i.e., not
D:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents).

I'm still investigating this. Stay tuned to this station.
--
~PA Bear