Import messages from MS Outlook to MS Express?

Old May 23rd 06, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jeroen

Default Import messages from MS Outlook to MS Express?

Hi,

On my old computer I am using MS Outlook (2002). On my new computer I
want to go using MS Express (6.0).

Has anybody got an idea how I can import my old messages in MS Outlook
to MS Express?

I have done some searching on the web, but could not find any solutions
though...

Thanks in advance!

Old May 23rd 06, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM

"jeroen" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

On my old computer I am using MS Outlook (2002). On my new computer I
want to go using MS Express (6.0).

Has anybody got an idea how I can import my old messages in MS Outlook
to MS Express?

I have done some searching on the web, but could not find any solutions
though...

Thanks in advance!

File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Old May 23rd 06, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Outlook (OL) data can be imported into Outlook Express (OE) only if both
applications are installed and running on the machine. If you're not going
to install OL on the new machine, you'll have to proceed as follows:

On the old machine, import the OL data into OE then backup the OE data.
Then on the new machine, import the OE data you backed up.

Backup & Restore OE Data
http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm
http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

OE Files & Settings
http://www.insideoe.com/files/index.htm

OE Registry Keys
http://www.insideoe.com/files/regkeys.htm

Importing OE Data (all DBX files, including Folders.dbx)
http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importOE5
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

Old May 25th 06, 10:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jeroen

Thanx Robear, it works! This was the kind of info I was looking for!

Old May 25th 06, 05:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

YW.

Old May 29th 06, 02:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
ferchichi aida

Old May 29th 06, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
juan aarts

ik kan geen engels dus graag nederlans
"jeroen" schreef in bericht
oups.com...
Thanx Robear, it works! This was the kind of info I was looking for!