Messages stuck in Outbox

Old May 22nd 06, 01:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Precious_Stone

Default Messages stuck in Outbox

I turned off e-mail scanning in my anti-virus program, deleted Outbox.dbx,
checked the configuration in OE and still the messages don't go out.
There are no repeated identities [in fact, there is no other identity]. This
is frustrating.

I have to go to hotmail.com in order to send messages, and I can't even
attach pictures by using the right-click option "Send to" - "Mail recipient".
It opens the hotmail new message window but it doesn't attach anything [I
have the beta version which doesn't have the "Attach Pictures" option].

Thanks in advance.
Old May 22nd 06, 04:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Do you have any mail accounts runnining in OE other than your Hotmail
account?

Move anything you want to keep out of Sent Items and into a new local folder
created for this purpose Close OE Find and delete both Outbox.dbx and
Sent Items.dbx in your identity's store
(http://www.insideoe.com/files/store.htm#storemain).

If still no joy, Your current Identity may be damaged, especially if its the
default Main Identity. Try one or more of your accounts in a new Named
Identity (File Identities Add new identity). Assuming all is well,
import messages from the old Identity before deleting it (File Identities
Manage Identities).

To avoid such corruption in futu

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a manual
compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm.

- Do not attempt to close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if
Automatic Compacting is taking place (WinXP SP2 only).

- Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause such
corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

Old May 22nd 06, 04:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

Have you checked the settings for your SMTP server in Tools/Accounts - Mail
tab to be certain that they agree with what Rogers/Ontario instructed you
they should be? Or are you using Yahoo's program in cooperation with
Rogers?

When you deleted Outbox.dbx, was Outlook Express shut down? Did you delete
all copies of Outbox.dbx you could find?

Have you tried creating a "new" identity in Outlook Express and set up the
mail accounts in it? It's quite possible that your existing identity may be
corrupted, particularly if it is the default "Main Identity" created when
you first setup Outlook Express.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for
support calls that are associated with security updates

Old May 23rd 06, 12:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Precious_Stone

Yes, I have 2 more from hotmail also, they belong to another member of my
family, I also have another one from another server and that one works well,
it can be used to send without any problem. Only the hotmail ones don't work.

I already tried rcreating a new identity using my account and still couldn't
send from that one.

I deleted the outbox.dbx again. I don't use Inbox or Sent folders to store
emails and I delete the deleted items folder several times a day.

Nothing works.
Thanks for your reply.

Old May 23rd 06, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Precious_Stone

I checked the settings and they correct. I use
http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp. Is this the correct one?

I searched the computer for a second outbox.dbx and there is only one, which
I deleted. I created a new identity and still couldn't send messages from
that one.

Nothing works.
Thanks for the reply.

Old May 23rd 06, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

Have you created an account using Rogers recommended settings? If not, why
not? If yes, does it work?

Old May 23rd 06, 10:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

IE Tools Internet Options Privacy Sites: type in

hotmail.com

and Allow Cookies.
--
~PA Bear