Tech.gif attaches to emails as attachment.

Old May 15th 06, 12:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Scafidel

Default Tech.gif attaches to emails as attachment.

For some time, when I send emails with no attachment using Outlook
Express, tech.gif always shows as an attachment. With emails with
attachments such as Word or Excel files, the attachment shows up as tech. gif
to the
recipient, who cannot open or properly view the file. This also happens
with a data base file. I have a work around, i.e., to sign on my Earthlink
Web mail online and use that to email attachments, but this is a big pain. At
least some of the recipients have AOL. I believe I have cleaned my computer
of any viruses, using Avast, Panda Online and others to no avail.

Old May 15th 06, 12:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

Your system is most likely infected with some spyware/malware. See this
link for some possible help:
Dealing with Unwanted Spywa
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for
support calls that are associated with security updates

Old May 16th 06, 12:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

That's part of the Technical Stationery that comes with OE.

Look in OE at Tools, Options, Compose, Stationery. You've likely told
OE to use that stationary but use Plain text format for sending. That
will cause the tech.gif to get attached.

Uncheck the option to use stationery.

As for those that received the tech.gif, they should be able to open it
in any image viewer. But it's just a small plain white box with a pale
blue border. So it may look like nothing much opened.

Old May 16th 06, 11:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

I think it goes away when you turn off Send pictures with messages also
under Tools | Options | Send | Settings.

steve

Old May 20th 06, 12:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Scafidel

Thanks all who responded! I have been unable to get back for a few days. I
was using a stationery background and changed the settings to plain. This
took off the tech.gif attachment. I suspect the problem is that AOL is
separating it, it was AOL users who told me of the tech.gif. I also noticed
that when I send an email with embedded pictures, aol filters them out, zips
the pictures and the receiver must download them separately. AOL sure is
behind the times.