Two completely separate sets of folders in O.E.6 (2003)

Old April 12th 06, 12:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Alison

Default Two completely separate sets of folders in O.E.6 (2003)

Can anybody help. I am being driven crazy by the lack of info on this!

A friend with two emails accounts has two completely separate sets of
folders. One set is for business, the other is for personal email. That
is, he has:

Local folders
Inbox
Outbox
Sent Items
Deleted
Drafts

Inbox
Outbox
Sent Items
Deleted
Drafts

He does not have any identities set up, does not have to do two logins.
We have looked though his Tools and options and failed to find anything
that poertains to this. He just fires up his computer, OE comes up and
the messages are downloaded into the two inboxes.

He does not have any "message rules" setup , because these only direct
incoming msgs. They don't tell OE where to put copies of sent mail,
deleted items etc.

I need this too, and so does my place of work.

Thanks! Alison

Old April 12th 06, 12:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

Is one account Pop3 and the other IMAP or HTTP?
--
Ron Sommer

oups.com...

Old April 12th 06, 01:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

try again...

hi ron,

thanks for reply.

gosh, i don't know.

one is def pop3 like my own (blueyonder account).
the other is an msn email account, ie . he says it has
always been there, he didn't have to set it up. that didn't happen for
me.

the second inbox starts with
http://oe.msn.cannot_remember_exactly/.
does that cast light? can i do the same but with my work email? (which
is, i think, pop3)

alison

Old April 12th 06, 06:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
N. Miller

On 12 Apr 2006 05:32:20 -0700, wrote:

try again...

hi ron,

thanks for reply.

gosh, i don't know.

one is def pop3 like my own (blueyonder account).
the other is an msn email account, ie
. he says it has
always been there, he didn't have to set it up. that didn't happen for
me.

This account will put email into the Inbox under the Local Folders tree.
This would correspond to me having set up 'pop.pacbell.yahoo.com', _and_
'pop.myrealbox.com', _and_ 'pop.gmail.com'. Email from all three
accounts will be placed in the Inbox.

the second inbox starts with
http://oe.msn.cannot_remember_exactly/.
does that cast light? can i do the same but with my work email? (which
is, i think, pop3)

No, you can't. This is an HTTPMail account, and it gets its own folder
tree. Indeed, I have an MSOE Identity with three folder trees, in
addition to the Local Folders tree:

"Hotmail" - Using 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp',
instead of a POP3 server.

"AIM Mail" - Using 'imap.aim.com', instead of a POP3 server.

"Norman" - Using 'Megumi', instead of a POP3 server ('Megumi' being the
IMAP4 component of Mercury/32, an MTA running on a local LAN computer).

One HTTPMail server, and two IMAP servers; three total non-POP3
accounts, four folder trees with their own separate Inboxes, and such.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
Old April 12th 06, 10:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

wrote:
one is def pop3 like my own (blueyonder account).
the other is an msn email account, ie
. he says it has
always been there, he didn't have to set it up. that didn't happen for
me.

the second inbox starts with
http://oe.msn.cannot_remember_exactly/.
does that cast light? can i do the same but with my work email? (which
is, i think, pop3)

WYSIWYG with an MSN/Hotmail account running in OE.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org