Help, don't want my address in from field...

Old April 11th 06, 05:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

Default Help, don't want my address in from field...

I am trying to change my "From" field when I send a message from my email
address and my chosen name to just my name. Is that possible? Right now, it
shows for example; Mike....and Mike is highlighted. I
would prefer just the name Mike be seen.

Michael

Old April 11th 06, 05:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Open the Address Book | Double click on your address | Name Tab. Whatever is
in the Display field is what will show. Make the changes you want there.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

.. .

Old April 11th 06, 07:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Tools, Accounts, Mail/News, Properties, General. Fill in the FROM field
as desired. Note that each mail and news account has its own settings.

The e-mail address there needs to be filled in correctly or else people
will not be able to reply to your e-mail.

Outlook Express will just display what's in the FROM field. Other mail
programs may or may not also display what's in the e-mail address field
there. You have no control over that.

.. .