Message rule query

Old April 9th 06, 09:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mikey

Default Message rule query

Is there some way to set a message rule to send a reply to the "Reply to"
address instead of the "From" address of an email message ??

Example of original message source code:

From: "abc.com"
Subject: Enquiry about blahh

How do I get OE to reply to ??

Thanks
--
mikey

Old April 9th 06, 10:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

That should be automatic. Replies always use the Reply to address, if
present. The From address is used when the Reply to header is missing.

From: "abc.com"

How do I get OE to reply to ??

Thanks
--
mikey

Old April 10th 06, 05:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mikey

Thanks for the reply Michael. - Nope, doesn't reply to the "Reply to: xxxx"
address as shown in the source code, it treplies to the From address. Could
it be a problem in the 'message envelope'?

mikey

Old April 10th 06, 07:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

I haven't been able to test that.

If you do a manual reply to the message does OE use the Reply to
address? If so the message is fine. That would mean that the OE has a
bug in the Reply rule logic. It ought to work the same as a manual
reply.

Old April 10th 06, 11:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mikey

Yes it works fine with the manual reply. I didn't think to try that! I've
now removed the rule and created a new one -- I'll see if that fixes it.
Cheers.
--
mikey

"Michael Santovec" wrote in message
|I haven't been able to test that.
|
| If you do a manual reply to the message does OE use the Reply to
| address? If so the message is fine. That would mean that the OE has a
| bug in the Reply rule logic. It ought to work the same as a manual
| reply.
|
| --
|
| Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm
|

| "mikey" wrote in message
| Thanks for the reply Michael. - Nope, doesn't reply to the "Reply to:
| xxxx"
| address as shown in the source code, it treplies to the From address.
| Could
| it be a problem in the 'message envelope'?
|
| mikey
| --
|

| "Michael Santovec" wrote in message
| | That should be automatic. Replies always use the Reply to address,
| if
| | present. The From address is used when the Reply to header is
| missing.
| |
| | --
| |
| | Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm
| |
| |
| | "mikey" wrote in message
| |
| | Is there some way to set a message rule to send a reply to the
| | to"
| | address instead of the "From" address of an email message ??
| |
| | Example of original message source code:
| |
| | From: "abc.com"
| | Subject: Enquiry about blahh
| |
| | How do I get OE to reply to ??
| |
| | Thanks
| | --
| | mikey
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Old April 11th 06, 10:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mikey

Still doesn't work with a newly created rule. Most odd - other 'reply' type
rules work fine.

--
mikey

"mikey" wrote in message
| Yes it works fine with the manual reply. I didn't think to try that! I've
| now removed the rule and created a new one -- I'll see if that fixes it.
| Cheers.
| --
| mikey
|

| "Michael Santovec" wrote in message
||I haven't been able to test that.
|| If you do a manual reply to the message does OE use the Reply to
|| address? If so the message is fine. That would mean that the OE has a
|| bug in the Reply rule logic. It ought to work the same as a manual
|| reply.
|| --
|| Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm
|| "mikey" wrote in message
|| Thanks for the reply Michael. - Nope, doesn't reply to the "Reply to:
|| xxxx"
|| address as shown in the source code, it treplies to the From address.
|| Could
|| it be a problem in the 'message envelope'?
|| mikey
|| --
|| "Michael Santovec" wrote in message
|| | That should be automatic. Replies always use the Reply to address,
|| if
|| | present. The From address is used when the Reply to header is
|| missing.
|| |
|| | --
|| |
|| | Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm
|| |
|| |
|| | "mikey" wrote in message
|| |
|| | Is there some way to set a message rule to send a reply to the
|| | to"
|| | address instead of the "From" address of an email message ??
|| |
|| | Example of original message source code:
|| |
|| | From: "abc.com"
|| | Subject: Enquiry about blahh
|| |
|| | How do I get OE to reply to ??
|| |
|| | Thanks
|| | --
|| | mikey
|| |
|| |
|| |
|| |
|| |

Old April 11th 06, 07:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

That looks like it's a design bug in OE. A Reply rule ought to work the
same way as a manual reply.

"mikey" wrote in message
| Yes it works fine with the manual reply. I didn't think to try that!
I've
| now removed the rule and created a new one -- I'll see if that fixes
it.
| Cheers.
| --
| mikey
|

| "Michael Santovec" wrote in message
||I haven't been able to test that.
|| If you do a manual reply to the message does OE use the Reply to
|| address? If so the message is fine. That would mean that the OE
has a
|| bug in the Reply rule logic. It ought to work the same as a manual
|| reply.
|| --
|| Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm
|| "mikey" wrote in message
|| Thanks for the reply Michael. - Nope, doesn't reply to the
"Reply to:
|| xxxx"
|| address as shown in the source code, it treplies to the From
address.
|| Could
|| it be a problem in the 'message envelope'?
|| mikey
|| --
|| "Michael Santovec" wrote in
message
|| | That should be automatic. Replies always use the Reply to
address,
|| if
|| | present. The From address is used when the Reply to header is
|| missing.
|| |
|| | --
|| |
|| | Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm
|| |
|| |
|| | "mikey" wrote in message
|| |
|| | Is there some way to set a message rule to send a reply to
the
|| | to"
|| | address instead of the "From" address of an email message ??
|| |
|| | Example of original message source code:
|| |
|| | From: "abc.com"
|| | Subject: Enquiry about blahh
|| |