Help sending a 2.4 MB video attachment

Old April 5th 06, 11:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Glenda

Default Help sending a 2.4 MB video attachment

I have a horrendous dial up connection where I live in the country... I
believe burro's take the emails by back pack to my recipients.
I want to send my daughter a 2.4 MB mini video from my camera, but it keeps
getting hung up. I get a message saying something to the effect, "your
connection has timed out, do you want to wait, or cancel?"
When I click on wait, the message comes back after just minutes. After an
hour of waiting, I give up.
My service provider is no help.
Can anyone help me??
Thank you,
Glenda
Old April 6th 06, 12:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kuay Tim

Hi Glenda,

Your ISP might have a size limitation on sent messages, or the large message
is causing a problem in another way. I would suggest not using anti-virus
message scan (for incoming or outgoing e-mail), which is another likely
cause of a connection problem. Normal A/V system scan will still fully
protect a PC.

Large messages can be broken into smaller parts and combined at the
receiving end. For more information on how to do this see "Breaking up Large
Messages" and "Combine and Decode" in Outlook Express help. Notify your
daughter that a multi-part message is on the way and let her know it will
need to be combined into a single message after all the pieces arrive.

--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim

Old April 6th 06, 12:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

When you send an attachment, or even an e-mail with a picture embedded, the
size increases by 35 - 40%. So you are sending something over 3MB.

If you go to Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced, you can check
yo Break apart messages larger than XX size. Your daughter must be using
Outlook Express or an e-mail client that is compatable with this sending
format.

For her to see the complete video, she would do this:

To combine multipart messages
Sometimes, when a large message (one that contains pictures, audio files, or
other large objects) is sent in e-mail or posted to a newsgroup, it is
broken into smaller files and displayed as several messages. You can combine
the messages to recreate the original message and display it in Outlook
Express.
Select all of the messages that are part of the original message (each part
will usually have a number).
On the Message menu, click Combine and Decode.
If needed, reorder the parts in the correct sequence.
Note
After you combine and decode the message, it is displayed in a separate
window. The message will continue to be displayed in the message list as
several smaller messages. To save the recreated message, on the File menu,
click Save As.

That said, you still will probably have difficulty sending the message. You
are probably better off burning it to CD and let one of the *burros* bring
it to her via Snail Mail.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old April 6th 06, 04:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Weasel

Glenda
I'm in same position with a dial up. I just keep hitting the wait button,
while playing Solitai-))
BTC

Old April 6th 06, 11:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
AlmostBob

might be easier/better to put the file to a web server like myspace.com and
just send her the link to the file, then she can view or save the file as
necessary, and then the server space is available for any number of file
transfers

--
-
Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://security.kolla.de
Etrust/Vet/CA.online Antivirus scan
Panda online AntiVirus scan http://www.activescan.com
Panda online AntiSpyware Scan
http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_info/spyware/test/
Catalog of removal tools (1)
Catalog of removal tools (2)
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/n...aspx?CID=40387
Trouble Shooting guide to Windows http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
links provided as a courtesy, read all instructions on the pages before
use
Grateful thanks to the authors/webmasters
_

Old April 6th 06, 07:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Vanguard

"Glenda" wrote in message
I have a horrendous dial up connection where I live in the country... I
believe burro's take the emails by back pack to my recipients.
I want to send my daughter a 2.4 MB mini video from my camera, but it
keeps
getting hung up. I get a message saying something to the effect,
"your
connection has timed out, do you want to wait, or cancel?"
When I click on wait, the message comes back after just minutes.
After an
hour of waiting, I give up.
My service provider is no help.

One of the following should help:

dropload.com
sendover.com
yousendit.com

If you have your anti-virus program scanning your e-mails, it takes time
to scan outbound e-mails. You can disable e-mail scanning in your AV
program to help eliminate the timeouts.

Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.