Can I Sync Multiple Calendar Backups?

Old March 17th 09, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Ardyr

Default Can I Sync Multiple Calendar Backups?

Through a number of PC crashes and various other problems, I have lost some
important entries from my current Outlook 2003 Calendar (I have the same
issue with my Contacts). I have a number of backup copies of my calendar.pst
file, but some of those were corrupted through various sync programs which
synced with my Palm, Blackberry and Motorola handhelds. The problem appears
to be limited to duplication (sometimes multiple dup's) of the same event.

I would really like to sync all of the disparate versions into a single
pristine Calendar. I am sure that some of the missing calendar events are
contained in the old backups, so I don't want to just dump them. If I Import
the old files into the current file, I end up with duplicate records, even
with the "Replace duplicates" option checked. Because of the duplication
issues, I don't want to just import the old files into my current file, since
I would end up with 5-6 duplicates of numerous records.

Does anyone know of a tool with functionality similar to Microsoft's Sync
Toy which would allow me to combine (synchronize) multiple .pst files in an
effort to salvage the lost records without creating an unmanagable number of
duplicates?
--
Thanks,
Ardyr
Old March 18th 09, 02:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Ardyr" wrote in message
Through a number of PC crashes and various other problems, I have lost some
important entries from my current Outlook 2003 Calendar (I have the same
issue with my Contacts). I have a number of backup copies of my
calendar.pst
file, but some of those were corrupted through various sync programs which
synced with my Palm, Blackberry and Motorola handhelds. The problem appears
to be limited to duplication (sometimes multiple dup's) of the same event.

Didn't you ask this once already? I swear I answered this same question
yesterday.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]