How do I keep internet calendar subscriptions from unchecking?

Old June 19th 08, 01:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Techman

Default How do I keep internet calendar subscriptions from unchecking?

I'm having an annoying little problem with the Internet Calendar feature of
Outlook 2007. Every time I close and reopen Outlook, the calendars that are
subscribed to (which were checked upon closing) have been unchecked! We have
our Calendars automatically opening upon Startup, and want them to be ready
to use right off the bat (without clicking multiple check boxes to pull in
all of our Calendar subscriptions). How can I make them all stay checked by
default?

Things to note:
1) Instead of publishing our office's calendars online, we chose the 2nd
option offered, which is Publish to WebDAV server. I have all of our calendar
subscriptions posting to and pulling from a folder on our server here in the
office.
2) This problem occurs in Vista as well as XP
3) I am aware that an Exchange server would clear all of this up, but that
is beside the point for right now.
4) I have thoroughly searched the Outlook options offered.
5) On the subject of Outlook options, I have Outlook starting in the
Calendar as its default.

Please help me!! Thanks.
Old June 19th 08, 01:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky {MVP}

is the calendar feed unchecking or is this the checkbox beside the name in
the navigation pane? Outlook always starts with just the default calendar
shown (aka checked).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

Old June 24th 08, 07:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Techman

It is the checkbox beside the name of the internet calendar that I am
subscribed to. The receptionist in our office is subscribed to numerous
calendars, so it is very annoying for her to have to check 7 or 8 checkboxes
next to her calendar subscriptions each time Outlook opens. I might need a
VBA script to accomplish this, with a loop, something along those lines, but
I'm not sure. By the way, there are Vista and XP operating systems running
Outlook 2007 that are all trying to accomplish this same thing (having all
calendars, internet subscriptions or otherwise, 'checked' or 'shown' upon
opening).

I do have one other interesting note that might help provide a workaround.
If I check my personal calendar and my internet calendar subscription on the
left-hand navigation pane, and change the "Startup in this folder" setting
(Tools--Options--Other--Advanced Options) to "Inbox", and then restart
outlook, it will open the Inbox first (obviously), but then when I click on
the Calendar in the navigation pane, all calendars (personal AND internet
subscriptions) are still selected as a remembered setting from the previous
session. So if I could tell Outlook to default open to the Inbox using the
above method, and then have some sort of script that would switch to the
calendars in the same way that clicking "Calendar" in the navigation, then
this would provide me with a workaround.

Again, any help that you could provide would be VERY much appreciated!

Old June 24th 08, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky {MVP}

there are windows macro or sendkeys programs you can use - AutoIt is one,
there are more.

--

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:

is the calendar feed unchecking or is this the checkbox beside the name
in
the navigation pane? Outlook always starts with just the default
calendar
shown (aka checked).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]