Can I sum up all of my scheduled time in a view in Outlook 2007?

Old October 17th 07, 08:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Martin Edelius

Default Can I sum up all of my scheduled time in a view in Outlook 2007?

Hi all.

I need to sum up all of my scheduled time as a total in hours preferably as
a view.

I've been toying around with views and filters but I couldn't find any easy
way of doing this.

There is no need to group it in any particular way but I would love to be
able to see it per day, week and month (with a filter or otherwise).

Can I do this directly in Outlook or do I need to extract the data to
another tool?

TIA.
Old October 17th 07, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
BillR

You could use the Duration field. I'd say it would be easier to work with
the data if you export to Excel. That is, assuming it exports that field.

Another option is to customize the view to include the Duration field and
add and omit any other fields you want or don't want. You can then copy
using Shift (or Ctrl) + click and Ctrl + C and Paste into Excel. Get the
view the way you want it first.

--
Bill R

Old October 19th 07, 07:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Martin Edelius

Default Can I sum up all of my scheduled time in a view in Outlook 200

Thanks Bill - I'll give this a shot.

-- Martin

Old October 19th 07, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Martin Edelius

Hi again Bill.

I can't find a good way to export data to Excel from Outlook but if I cut
and paste the duration fields into Excel I can nudge it around a bit and get
it the way I want it with relative ease.

My biggest problem right now is that the Duration field always contains 'h'
or 'hours' or some such which I need to strip in Excel.

I'll see if I can work around this somehow...

Thanks again.

-- Martin

Old October 22nd 07, 02:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
BillR

The Excel guys should know best how to deal with the data once you get it
there. Try in an Excel forum if you get stuck.