my upcoming appointments do not show in my to-do list

Old September 1st 07, 02:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sybil Dinter

Default my upcoming appointments do not show in my to-do list

My upcoming appointments do not show in my TO-DO Bar. The message that is
there instead is "No upcoming appointments." I have tried all the
suggestions given in HELP and none seem to work. I would very much like this
option so I don't have to switch back and forth from email to calendar. What
am I doing or not doing correct? Please help?
Old September 3rd 07, 12:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

Inbox | View | To do bar | Appointments does it for me on version 2007

Make an appointment for later today first to see if it appears.

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant

read my articles he www.judygleeson.com
Canberra, Australia

how to post questions: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375

Old September 3rd 07, 03:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sybil Dinter[_2_]

Judy thank you for your reply, but I did try your suggestion among others
and nothing works. What do I do next

Sybil

Old September 7th 07, 12:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

There's another spot with settings for it:

Tools | Options | Other | To do Bar

Have a look there.

Old September 28th 12, 04:08 PM
Bruce Reaves Bruce Reaves is offline
Junior Member

Location: Gibsonville NC USA

I have appointments - both short ones and all-day ones - in my Outlook calendar. They used to appear in my To-Do Bar. But starting a few days ago all I get in their place is the message "No upcoming appointments."

I've tried the options in Inbox/View/To-Do Bar - all they do is allow the To-Do Bar to display or not display a block of space for upcoming appointments.

I've tried Tools/Options/Other/To-Do Bar - all it does is define the size of that block of space.

Nonetheless, even tho I have many apointments in my calendar (which WERE showing up in the To-Do Bar until the last few days), the space reserved in the To-Do Bar for appointments now displays nothing except the message "No upcoming appointments."

The thread I'm replying to is from years ago, but it describes my situation pretty well.

It's as if a link has broken somewhere - and I can't find any place where I might be able to reset the link. Help???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\) View Post

Old September 28th 12, 04:27 PM
Bruce Reaves Bruce Reaves is offline
Junior Member

Location: Gibsonville NC USA

Continued searching FOUND THE ANSWER! I got my appointments back on my To-Do Bar!

Open Outlook from the command line with the /resettodobar switch as described at http://www.outlook-tips.net/how-to/u...-command-lines.

I then had to go back to Tools/Options/Other/To-Do Bar to tell it how many months to display and how many appointments to display. But it IS displaying them again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Reaves View Post