A way to mark off completed appts/tasks without deleting them.

Old February 24th 06, 11:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Adrienne

Default A way to mark off completed appts/tasks without deleting them.

But is there anyway to "complete" an old recurring appointment or event
without deleting it (or future occurances)?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

Sam wrote:

It would be nice to have a way to check off, or mark in some way
completed appointments or tasks on your calendar without deleting
them completely so you have a reminder of "completed items".

Since Tasks are kept in the Tasks folder, just put a check by them in the
Taskpad.
--
Brian Tillman

Old February 25th 06, 03:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Appointments/meetings/events are all pre-defined time spans. Once the time
has passed and the event is over, it is presumed that the event is complete.

Perhaps if you tell us why you think this is necessary from a business
standpoint and not a personal preference, perhaps someone can give you a
method to "complete" your appointments.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Adrienne asked:

Old September 24th 08, 06:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Trifell

No "business" reason, it is just annoying to have the reminder continuing to
remind of a past appointment that has already been completed. It just seems
logical (perhaps only to me . . .) that since tasks can be marked as
complete, appointments should have the same option. Why is that concept
considered strange?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Appointments/meetings/events are all pre-defined time spans. Once the time
has passed and the event is over, it is presumed that the event is complete.

Perhaps if you tell us why you think this is necessary from a business
standpoint and not a personal preference, perhaps someone can give you a
method to "complete" your appointments.

--Â

Old September 24th 08, 10:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Bob I

No, the REAL problem you have is the "reminders" is broken.

go to Start, Run, and put in

OUTLOOK /cleanreminders