Problems setting up calendar appointments

Old September 12th 06, 07:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
David Anson

Default Problems setting up calendar appointments

I am trying to schedule appointments for myself and my employee. We are
both using Outlook 2003. If I create a new appointment in the calendar,
click on the Scheduling tab and add him as an attendee from the address
book. I then click the Send button to send an e-mail to him. This is sent
satisfactorily and if I open the e-mail from the Sent box then it has the
appropriate buttons at the to of the e-mail (Accept, Tentative etc).
However when he receives the e-mail all he sees is an e-mail the body of
which is the header information and then towards the bottom is the vCalendar
information all in plain text.

The same happens when he creates an appointment, all my copy of Outlook
shows is the plain text in the e-mail body.

Have we got some settings wrong somewhere?

TIA

David Anson

Old September 13th 06, 01:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Is there any server involved here like Exchange or another internal server,
or is this through your ISP? Try forcing Rich Text Format on this contact
(double click the address, select send using Outlook RTF)

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, David Anson asked:

Old September 13th 06, 06:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
David Anson

Milly,

Is there any server involved here like Exchange or another internal
server,

or is this through your ISP?

It is through my ISP

Try forcing Rich Text Format on this contact

(double click the address, select send using Outlook RTF)

I tried to do this but could not find the Send using Outlook RTF option. I
tried both in the schedule and within the address book but it only opened up
the standard address book entry page and I could not see this as an option
on any of the tabs.

Just for the sake of testing I therefore changed the mail format for all
created e-mail (Tools | Options) so that all new e-mail are created in RTF.
I will let you know whether it works or not.

David Anson

Old September 14th 06, 02:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

To force Rich Text Format, double click the address in the TO: field and, using the Outlook Properties dialog dropdown, select it there.

Old September 14th 06, 04:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
David Anson

Milly,

I have tried this but still it is not working. Do I need to set something
up on the receiving computer? The test with the iCal file worked fine, when
the file was opened in Outlook then the appointment was inserted into the
recipient calendar and an acceptance e-mail was sent. However the
acceptance e-mail that was sent to me had the same problem as usual - the
body of the e-mail contained the iCal information but the sniffer in my copy
of Outlook did not discover it.

I tried an experiment of saving the e-mail as an iCal file and
double-clicking it but it refused to import saying that an error had
occurred.

David

Old October 4th 06, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Chocoholic

Have you checked your coworker's setting in Outlook at Tools, Options, Mail
Format. Try having HTML or RTF chosen in the drop down labeled "Compose in
this message format."

wrote in message
To force Rich Text Format, double click the address in the TO: field and,
using the Outlook Properties dialog dropdown, select it there.

--Â