Old December 7th 11, 11:35 AM
alexiarudolf alexiarudolf is offline
Junior Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksaki View Post
Hi there,
I was just importing a 2003PST file to my existing OutlookXP - but this give
me an error "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to
use"
I don't know I am stuck - how can I use this file now? help me

Ksaki
hi,

importing from outlook 2003 to outlook xp which is also familiar as outlook 2000 is tricky because the file format of outlookxp is ANSI whereas the Outlook 2003 uses unicode file format.
you can follow these steps:
1. Copy the .pst file to your hard drive and remove the read only check mark from its properties.
2. Since the .pst file is in Outlook 2003 format (unicode), you need to move it to a 97-2002 format by creating a new .pst in Outlook 97-2002 format within Outlook 2003 and move your data to that file.

By the way always make the backup copy first before doing such a critical processes.