Search: Posts made by: Patrick
Forum: Outlook - Installation March 29th 10, 05:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 0
Posted By Patrick
Connecting Outlook 2007 to Exchange 2007 through VPN

I have the following setup:
MS Exhcange 2007 on the internal network.
ISA Server 2006 firewall
MS Outlook 2007 on Windows 7
I have access through the VPN - can file share, remote desktop etc. no...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms January 21st 10, 10:11 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 1
Posted By Patrick
how do I work with oft files in outlook 2007

I outlook 2003 I used to work with a personal toolbar which contained some
buttoms pointing to oft files.
Now, with outlook 2007, I always get the message
"
Microsoft Office has identified a...
Forum: Outlook - Installation December 22nd 09, 10:49 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 0
Posted By Patrick
"configuring Microsoft Office small business 2007"

Every time my microsoft outlook 2007 opens it says "configuring Microsoft
Office small business 2007" and takes about two to three minutes to start.
What's wrong with this as I have done repeated...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms December 9th 09, 10:53 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 1
Posted By Patrick
outlook 2007 - custom buttoms with hyperlinks to oft files

I have a customized toolbar with a bunch of buttoms which refer to oft files
by using a hyperlink to the file. This is also useb by my colleaugues.
Now, I migrated to outlook 2007 and this does...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring April 22nd 09, 09:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By Patrick
Is there any way to allow another to edit my shared calendar?

I can allow my assistant to see my calendar, but I cannot figure out how to
let her edit it without a server.
Forum: Outlook Express April 4th 09, 01:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By Patrick
Cannot delete email from 1 account

Hi. My wife is having problems deleting any new or read messages from her
email, also cannot delete from "deleted items"

OE6
XP sp2

Thanks in advance.
Forum: Outlook Express April 4th 09, 01:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By Patrick
Cannot delete email from 1 account

Hi. My wife is having problems deleting any new or read messages from her
email, also cannot delete from "deleted items"

OE6
XP sp2

Thanks in advance.
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring February 1st 09, 05:17 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 0
Posted By Patrick
.ics file does not get upload automatically

Dear ALl,

I have a few resource calendars which I want to publish as Internet
calendars. I am experimenting with one resource calendar (Outlook 2007) and
have published on to an IIS server (on...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring January 30th 09, 09:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 2
Posted By Patrick
How to change Updating interval of Calendars published on a II

Thanks Diane for the post.

However, my problem appears to be that it does not update at all! Originally
I was thinking tha I have to wait for one hour for an update to happen
automatically. Now I...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring January 30th 09, 08:51 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 2
Posted By Patrick
How to change Updating interval of Calendars published on a IIS se

Hi All,
I have a few resource calendars which I want to publish as Internet
calendars. I am experimenting with one resource calendar (Outlook 2007) and
have published on to an IIS server (on...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 6th 09, 07:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 7
Posted By Patrick
Outlook 2007 and Yahoo

I do not have a paid acct with Yahoo, but thought that with Ypops one could
use Outlook with a free Yahoo acct. In the tutuorial I followed, it
instructed me to use 127.0.0.1 as both my outgoing...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 6th 09, 06:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 7
Posted By Patrick
Outlook 2007 and Yahoo

I am using outlook 2007 and just followed the instructions on the 'about'
website that Outlook help gave me in order to use outlook for my yahoo acct.
It then imported my inbox effectively. I was...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts December 6th 08, 09:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 8
Posted By Patrick
Problem with Outlook / Word Mailmerge

Yep, that link gives an answer that worked. Many thanks. Fortunately, I am
a bit more patient than the last person with this problem

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Bingo.
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts December 6th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 8
Posted By Patrick
Problem with Outlook / Word Mailmerge

Your suggestion has resulted in some interesting results. I started the
Mail Merge and got this error after selecting the Contacts folder:

"A required file SCHDMAPI.DLL" could not be loaded. ...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts December 6th 08, 10:38 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 8
Posted By Patrick
Problem with Outlook / Word Mailmerge

I have followed the instructions....I cannot find anything in the Address
Config that could account for the issue. There's nothing that can be
changed. It looks fine. I have stopped the...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts December 5th 08, 11:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 8
Posted By Patrick
Problem with Outlook / Word Mailmerge

Russ Thanks for the prompt reply. Outlook and Word are part of Offcie 2003
package which has all updates applied. A few points on what you suggest:

1. I think Outlook must be the default mail...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts December 5th 08, 07:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 8
Posted By Patrick
Problem with Outlook / Word Mailmerge

I am unable to mail merge from Word. In Word, I select all the usual
MailMerge Options for Christmas Card labels. I then select an Outlook Folder
containing source contacts - and then Word Pops...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries November 19th 08, 01:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By Patrick
2007 outlook will not import my outlook 2003 pst files as too big

i saved my old 2003 pst files and tried to import into outlook 2007 on
another computer. only part of the file imports and i recive a message saying
the file is too big.
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 7th 08, 05:28 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 4
Posted By Patrick
Calendar Printing Assistant

Using "Standard Month with Weeks 02". I was mistaken about Saturday and
Sunday, those days are at the end. However, I had entered that the week
should begin with Sunday and it doesn't change. Is...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 6th 08, 11:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 4
Posted By Patrick
Calendar Printing Assistant

The first day of the week is Monday; the weekend is stacked; and there are
only LARGE numerals centered in the day box.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

How does it print?

--
Diane Poremsky...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 7th 08, 09:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 4
Posted By Patrick
Calendar Printing Assistant

When I set up CPA with the first day as January 1 and the first day of the
week as Sunday, it does not show or print in monthly calendars. How can this
be fixed?
Forum: Outlook Express July 5th 08, 07:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 8
Posted By Patrick
.bak files not in Recycle Bin after compact

I opened Outlook Express, clicked Help menu and the clicked About Microsoft
Outlook Express
A window opened up with a list of files with File, Version and Full Path

There is only one Hotfix listed...
Forum: Outlook Express July 5th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 8
Posted By Patrick
.bak files not in Recycle Bin after compact

1. Open OE Help | About | look in Files list and tell me the version numbers
of these files: DIRECTDB.DLL, INETCOMM.DLL, and MSOE.DLL.

6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

2. Open OE...
Forum: Outlook Express July 5th 08, 03:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 8
Posted By Patrick
.bak files not in Recycle Bin after compact

Deleted files do go to the Recycle Bin

"Use one setting" is the only one of those checked and it's at 10% (811MB
for drive C)

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

Can't do a System Restore because that...
Forum: Outlook Express July 5th 08, 04:28 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 8
Posted By Patrick
.bak files not in Recycle Bin after compact

My files still compact, but normally you would see the .bak files being
copied and filling the Recycle Bin during the process. I'm not seeing that
anymore and after it's done compacting, there are...