Search: Posts made by: DLGolfs
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 29th 10, 09:12 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

Here is what I have in the VBA:
Sub RunRuleDeleteSpam()
Dim oNS As Outlook.NameSpace
Dim oStore As Outlook.Store
Dim colRules As Outlook.Rules
Dim oRule As Outlook.Rule

Set oNS =...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 28th 10, 02:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

Ken:
First, I went to someone else b/c I left my reply on 3/16 and had not heard
anyting and gave up on 3/22, that is why I tried someone else.

Secondly, I gave you all these security settings...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 22nd 10, 11:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

Well , I answered you some time ago so I guess you have given up on me.
Sorry I don't know how to program, I put what you wrote and it did not work.
I really thought that is what the disussion...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 20th 10, 11:23 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By DLGolfs
How do I run a rule by using a toolbar icon?

No error just highlights the line as I stated below. That is it.
Yes, the rule Delete Spam does exisit, I can run it manually all the time.

I tried to export the rules and put the file here but...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 20th 10, 11:21 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By DLGolfs
How do I run a rule by using a toolbar icon?

No error just highlights the the line
Yes, the rul Delete Spam does exisit, I can run it manually all the time.

I tried to export the rules and put the file here but it did not work.
I have the...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 19th 10, 01:48 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By DLGolfs
How do I run a rule by using a toolbar icon?

I have Outlook 2007 and have a rule set up to delte spam by detecting certain
words in the spam.
Here is what someone gave me but it does not work:

Sub RunRuleDeleteSpam()
Dim oNS As...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 17th 10, 01:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 3
Posted By DLGolfs
Macro to Run Rules

I have OUtlook 2007, I know nothing about VBA and would appreciate it if you
would write a macro that would run a rule. I have the rule set up to run
first, but it does not run, I have to run it...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 12th 10, 07:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

So what happens if you press F8 after you hit the breakpoint? You should be
in the line after setting colRules and colRules should not be Nothing and
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 12th 10, 04:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

OK, I put my cursor at the end of the line
Set colRules = oStore.GetRules()
right click, toggle , breakpoint, it turns brown,
click run and it shows

+module4 ...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 11th 10, 09:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

I am sorry, I did not mean that you should debug it; I just don't know what I
am doing. I went to 'help" and found out what the 'locals window" is. b/c I
did not kow what it was.
I thought that I...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 11th 10, 12:39 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

What are values of the vairables? Is there a way to see that?

All I know is if I run it and/or brekapoint it , then it either does
nothing, that is litterally nothing happens OR it opens VB and...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 10th 10, 11:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

Sorry that I cannot do the programming that you want; but it does run without
errors, it is just that the "rule" does not run, when I mean "nothing" I mean
that the rulle does not run, it does not...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 10th 10, 02:23 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

I was thinking and I see whatyou are trying to see, but if I put a breakpoint
and nothing happens then I don't see what that shows.

If it goes through 6 lines, let's say then how do we see if it...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 10th 10, 01:59 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

It also said that it can't execute in breakmode

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

You will need to set a breakpoint, step the code and see what's going on
with it. To do so click in your...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 10th 10, 01:58 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

ok, i tried to "set a break point" to "run to cursor" on several lines but
then when I do that , I try to run the macro, it still does nothing, I hit
continue and it goes through the lines and...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 9th 10, 02:14 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

By the way, I made sure the changed was saved, closed OUtlook, then opened
it, enabled the macros and tried to run it.
I made sure I was in the file it is suppose to run the rule.

But nothing...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 9th 10, 01:22 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

Just so I know that I am doing it correctly, through VB or Oulook, I chose
macro and run macro and click ok?

I did that and nothing happened :(

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

A module is...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 5th 10, 10:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

There is no code module only class module and module, so I used module.

cut and pasted, then ran and got run time error 438, Object does not support
property or method,
then it higlights this...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 5th 10, 08:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

ok, copy , pasted below into the editor module, run "macro" from VBA and
outlook and nothing happens, sorry

I put in in a module and a design module and neither work.

"Ken Slovak - [MVP -...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 5th 10, 06:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

OK here is what I did, the rules name is Delete spam:
Sub RunRuleDeleteSpam()
Application.Session.DefaultStore.GetRules.Item "Delete Spam.Execute"
End Sub

When I try to run it I get a run time...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 4th 10, 11:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

I was directed to this site, but I don't know anything about programming, I
apologize. I put the macro on the toolbar but it does not show any macros are
created. That is my point, I have to create...
Forum: Outlook and VBA March 3rd 10, 04:55 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 32
Posted By DLGolfs
Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule

I created a rule in Outlook 2007 for e-mails that have certain words in the
subject line, to be deleted. I have checked the rule and made it first but
it does not run. I have to run it manually...
Forum: Outlook - Installation August 6th 07, 10:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By DLGolfs
What file has the tasks from Outlook 2000?

I right clicked tasks and auto archived it to a file, thanks

"Tim" wrote:

DLGolfs wrote:
What file has the tasks that I have in outlook 2000? I want to back them up
with my monthly...
Forum: Outlook - Installation August 6th 07, 12:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By DLGolfs
What file has the tasks from Outlook 2000?

What file has the tasks that I have in outlook 2000? I want to back them up
with my monthly backup disc and keep them in case my hard drive crashes or
something.

Will I be able to put them back...