Search: Posts made by: Gis Bun
Forum: Outlook - Installation January 25th 10, 01:11 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By Gis Bun
Outlook 2003 not fully installing with Windows 7

Outlook is the only app where you can't have 2 versions installed on the same
computer [think it's an API issue]. To install correctly:

1) uninstall both
2) install what you want in Office 2003....
Forum: Outlook - Installation December 5th 09, 02:36 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 12
Posted By Gis Bun
Recovering Outlook Categories After Update to Windows 7 from XP

Going from Outlook or Outlook Express? You shouldn't be losing contacts in
Outlook as it's a single file. It's there. You may have to tinker around with
your default contacts list.

If it's OE, not...
Forum: Outlook - Installation December 5th 09, 02:33 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 4
Posted By Gis Bun
Can't import Outlook Express into Outlook 2007

Here's the situation. user going from Outlook Express in XP [32-bit] SP3 to
Outlook 2007 SP2 in Windows 7 64-bit.

The old Outlook Express files [.dbx, etc.] are in a folder. When I try to
import...
Forum: Outlook Express February 6th 08, 05:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By Gis Bun
Restoring deleted messages

Somewhere between 150 and 200 messages missing.

Fully patch Win XP SP2. This was actually the .BAK file of the Inbox file as
the Inbox.dbx disappeared .

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

I don't see a...
Forum: Outlook Express February 5th 08, 03:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By Gis Bun
Restoring deleted messages

Hi,

Tried the first one. It only sees messages that weren't deleted.

Found an old copy of DBExtract lying around [goes back a few versions]. That
one shows the deleted messages but extracts them...
Forum: Outlook Express February 4th 08, 10:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By Gis Bun
Restoring deleted messages

Hi. I'm trying to restore some deleted messages from an Inbox. Hopefully I'll
need to do it just once. So a freebee utility would be nice. Anything out
there that can do it?

Thanks
Forum: Outlook - Installation August 4th 07, 05:54 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Posted By Gis Bun
Can't open PDF files in Outlook 2003

Hi,

Trying to figure out why I can't open PDF files from an Outlook 2003
message. Here's the snippet from the PC's registry. Missing anything?

Windows Registry Editor Version...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts July 30th 07, 04:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 6
Posted By Gis Bun
Default contry/region when adding a contact

It's probably optional for me anyways as most of my contacts are Canadian.

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

I don't think there is any way to do that. Interestingly, most of the
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts July 29th 07, 06:00 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 6
Posted By Gis Bun

Outlook 2003

Something I would mind seeing in contacts and nothing to do with merging.

Thanks

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

What version of Outlook are you using? Is this primarily...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts July 27th 07, 03:12 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 4
Posted By Gis Bun
How do I get a list of e-mail addresses I see when I send a messag

There are two simple options

1. As you see the list, scroll down, highlight the name and hit the delete
key. That removes them one at a time.

2. There is a file (off hand I don't remember which...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts July 27th 07, 03:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 6
Posted By Gis Bun

Location = Canada
Standard & Formats: US English

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

What are your regional settings in Windows?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts July 25th 07, 08:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts

Hi.

Is there a way to show a default country in the country/region field when
adding a new contact. Let's say I live in Mexico. If I create a new contact,
Mexico should show in the field right...
Forum: Outlook - Installation February 7th 07, 03:06 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By Gis Bun
Removing previous addresses from showing up

Thanks. Funny how it's just a list of addresses that it's stored in a
(probably) database format.

"Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:

Look for a file ending with .NK2 and rename or delete it; this...
Forum: Outlook - Installation February 5th 07, 09:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By Gis Bun
Removing previous addresses from showing up

Hi,

How do I remove *ALL* of the addresses that I used when I enter an address
in the "To" field in Outlook 2003. It remembers them and are stored somewhere.

I know I can delete them one at a time...
Forum: Outlook - Installation January 10th 07, 10:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By Gis Bun
Minimum requirements for Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2003

Thanks.

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

You don't have to apply any Office/Outlook service packs & security updates
in order to connect to an Exchange server.

"Gis Bun"...
Forum: Outlook - Installation January 9th 07, 07:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By Gis Bun
Minimum requirements for Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2003

Hi,

What is the minimum requirements for Outlook itself to access an Exchange
Server 2003? Does it need just RTM? SP1A? SP3? THe Exchange site says just
Outlook 2000. Not specific on any updated...