Search: Posts made by: John
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 13th 10, 05:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By John
Code to Save Email as an .MSG to Directory when Emails Arrive

Hey Michael,

Disregard my message I figured out my error. Thanks so much for you help it
works perfectly.

Have a great one!

John
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 13th 10, 03:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By John
Code to Save Email as an .MSG to Directory when Emails Arrive

Hey Michael,

Sounds great...I change the path to a network path does it matter which way
that I put the path should it be hard coded like \\ServerName\Folder or
should it be like P:\Folder is the...
Forum: Outlook and VBA May 12th 10, 04:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 4
Posted By John
Code to Save Email as an .MSG to Directory when Emails Arrive

I am trying to save all emails that come into the inbox as an .MSG to a
directory on the server. I saw the ability to utilize the SAVEAS method but
have no idea how to implement that to work as...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts May 10th 10, 04:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 2
Posted By John
"To" has stopped auto-filling addresses - what's up?

Outlook 2003. Went away after I installed Avery (labels) and uninstalled it
(also has an ASK.com component that was also uninstalled. Clicking TO CC BCC
does not bring up the contacts, but...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring May 8th 10, 03:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 5
Posted By John
Events sometime do not show up monthly view

I tried reset view. Did not work.

Anybody have any other ideas?

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

No links were provided -
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring May 7th 10, 05:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 2
Posted By John
Add Public Calendar to Appointments

How can I schedule an appointment in my calendar ans have it show in the
Public Calendar as well?

Outlook 2007
Exchange 2003
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring May 7th 10, 02:50 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 5
Posted By John
Events sometime do not show up monthly view

I see no answer at the links provided.

"Slipstick" wrote:

john;144977 Wrote:
Office 2010 beta
Some of my events, "all day" do not show up, when viewing in Monthly
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts May 7th 10, 02:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 3
Posted By John
UDF in this item; view problem; upgrade from 2003 to 2010

What is the correct method posted daily?

I see NO correct way diaily explained.

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

You never transfer Outlook data using export and import. Use one of the
correct methods...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring May 7th 10, 02:41 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 5
Posted By John
Events sometime do not show up monthly view

Office 2010 beta
Some of my events, "all day" do not show up, when viewing in Monthly view,
there is only 2 items for that day, plenty of room.

It will show on weekly or daily view.

I ran pst...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts May 7th 10, 02:06 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 3
Posted By John
UDF in this item; view problem; upgrade from 2003 to 2010

I have Office 2010 beta. I exported my Outlook 2003 to a .pst file, then
imported to Outlook 2010 beta. Most everything works well.

I would like to view ALL of my old "UDF in this item"s in the...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts March 29th 10, 12:20 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 1
Posted By John
Phantom contact folders appearing in address book list

When I click the To: button on a new email or open the OUtlook address book I
have many more contact folders listed in the "Show Nems from the:" box than I
have actual contact folders. Most of...
Forum: Outlook - Installation March 24th 10, 08:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 0
Posted By John
Outlook 2002 customized installation not always pre-populating inf

Hi,

We used the Office 2002 Resource Kit to create a customized installation for
Office 2002 a long time ago (obviously). We notice that, when installed on a
PC, most of the time it will work as...
Forum: Outlook - Installation February 12th 10, 12:01 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 4
Posted By John
Microsoft Outlook Error Message

Hi Rita,

I run Windowa 7 and have the exact proble. I went into the registry and
deleted the AVG Download Manager but this action did not make any difference.
The same message still displays....
Forum: Outlook - General Queries January 13th 10, 08:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 0
Posted By John
Sent Mail date

Why does my "sent mail" folder only have dates on the emails sent within the
last 2 months. All email that I sent prior to Tue 11/10/2009 have "None" in
the Sent column.
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 6th 10, 07:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 22
Posted By John
use customizedform for the exsisting contacts

Sue,

Thank you and I am going to check it again.

will it change the new contact form for all users if I publish to the exch
org? It seems that I have to select the customized contact form in each...
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 6th 10, 07:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 1
Posted By John
instructions disppear when users begin type (text field)

Hi all,

I need to customize the outlook contact form and I want to add one text
field to allow users to add details info and instruct users how to add.
Instructions shows in the field and the...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts December 7th 09, 02:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 1
Posted By John
Outlook 2003 to Word 2007

I currently have Outlook 2003 and trying to export the names and addresses to
Word 2007 to create mailing labels. The only information transfering to the
labels is one name and address (vs. all...
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms December 2nd 09, 05:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 3
Posted By John
ModefiedForm page issues 1)retrieving available size of Modifi

Hi Sue ,

Thank for the response.

As my research the Inspector windows is not providing the exact height and
width ..always scroll bars are coming ..

Thanks
Eapen
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms December 2nd 09, 08:49 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 3
Posted By John
ModefiedForm page issues 1)retrieving available size of Modifiedfo

Hello all.
I have two issues to discuss
1)
I am creating a outlook addin Using Outlook2003. This addin will display a
Webbrowser in Modifiedform page. I want to control the webbrowser Size with...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts November 29th 09, 02:50 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 1
Posted By John
Outlook 2000 will not work with windows 7. Any ideas?

With windows 7, Outlook 2000 will not allow any changes or updates. All the
files did download correctly, but they cannot be used. That includes the
calendar. Help!
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 24th 09, 06:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By John
Imported/merged .ics file into calendar... how to undo/delete?

Hello.

I accidentally imported an .ics file into my main calendar and am wondering
if there's anyway to remove the entries that came from this ics file from my
calendar?

Thanks.
Forum: Outlook - General Queries November 4th 09, 04:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By John
Added spaces and color change

When I edit the original text of a message I want to forward, Outlook adds
spaces before and after the added word and changes the color to blue. How
can I stop this from happening?
Forum: Outlook - Using Forms October 29th 09, 10:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Replies: 0
Posted By John
Any other mechanism to store Appointment properties other than use

Hi,

I already asked these issues and thought both are different but now both are
looks correlated.

I have two scenarios to pass

1) Open an existing appointment and change the time and...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries September 8th 09, 11:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By John
Outlook 2007

It says SCANPST.EXE is a read-only file, I can scan it, but I don't have
permission to repair it. So I scan it. Then it said "Microsoft Office Outlook
Inbox Repair Tool does not recognize the file,...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries September 8th 09, 09:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By John
Outlook 2007

Vince,
No, can't find it to run.
When I try to search for Scanpst.exe or ScanPST.EXE It says no file found.
I don't know where to look for it now.

"Vince Averello" wrote:

Have you tried to run...