Search: Posts made by: Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]
Forum: Outlook - Installation September 26th 07, 01:34 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 7
problem adding data file

Next suggestion: Run Detect and Repair from the Help menu of any installed
Office product (e.g. you can use Word if you can't get into Outlook). You'll
need to have your Office installation CD...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries September 26th 07, 01:28 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Outlook Shortcut problem

Did the solution to reset the Outlook Bar work? For the Go menu, try
resetting the Advanced toolbar...View | Toolbars | Customize, Toolbars
tab...select the Advanced toolbar and then click the...
Forum: Outlook - Installation September 25th 07, 04:30 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 7
problem adding data file

Do you get the same error if you open Outlook in safe mode? Go to Start |
Run and type:

outlook.exe /safe

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries September 25th 07, 02:04 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 3
Outlook Shortcut problem

So is it the Outlook Bar that's corrupted? Try starting Outlook once with
the /ResetOutlookBar switch. If you need help using Outlook command line
switches, look...
Forum: Outlook - Installation September 25th 07, 01:54 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 7
problem adding data file

Try creating a new mail profile instead (also from Control Panel | Mail),
then tell Outlook to start with that profile. See if that helps.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 25th 07, 01:50 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 1
copy contacts from public folder to outlook contacts list

What do you mean by "a straight copy"? Try creating a folder in her mailbox
and then in the public folder, switch to an unfiltered table view like Phone
List, use CTRL+A to select all items, then...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 25th 07, 01:24 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 2
Recurrance Info Not Found

Are you using a .PST file? If so, try running the Inbox Repair Tool against
it to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a file called
scanpst.exe and run it. Allow the program to...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 24th 07, 04:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 3
Custom Contact Forms

From my relatively limited experience with designing and using custom forms,
I'd say most of the things you're asking about are doable and may even be
easy (like changing the default icon for a new...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 24th 07, 03:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 2
How can I export my contact list to Microsoft Excel?

File | Import and Export | Export to a File...choose Excel format.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

only to the...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 24th 07, 03:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 2
No scrollbars when editing contacts in Outlook 2007

Does it help if she maximizes the Contact form?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

only to the newsgroup to preserve the...
Forum: Outlook - Installation September 22nd 07, 07:42 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 7
Error When Starting Outlook

OK, two questions:

1) Can you still open Outlook after getting that error message?
2) Is this a free Hotmail account or a paid one?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 22nd 07, 07:38 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 14
Calendar Help. I can't retrieve my calendar folder after a cr

OK. The first suggestion I have for you is to run the Inbox Repair Tool on
the .PST file to see if it finds any errors. Close Outlook, then search your
drive for a file called scanpst.exe and run...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 21st 07, 08:08 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 7
Where are my appointments

If the .PST file is in the old ANSI format used by Outlook 97-2002, then it
is too big and you probably won't be able to open it. You can take a look at...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 21st 07, 07:48 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 11
Can someone suggest another Outlook Forum?

It's going to look almost exactly the same as it would if you opened it
without the /newsonly switch, except there will be no Inbox and you won't be
able to add mail accounts.

--
Jocelyn...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 21st 07, 07:40 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 14
Calendar Help. I can't retrieve my calendar folder after a cr

So you're saying the Start and End dates are all being changed to today's
date? (Just trying to clarify further...) If not, then which date field is
showing today's date?

--
Jocelyn...
Forum: Outlook - Installation September 21st 07, 07:36 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation

What version of Outlook are you using?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

only to the newsgroup to preserve the message...
Forum: Outlook - Installation September 21st 07, 07:36 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 7
Error When Starting Outlook

What version of Outlook is this?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

only to the newsgroup to preserve the message...
Forum: Outlook - Installation September 20th 07, 07:52 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Signatures and Stationery

Animation is disabled in Outlook 2007. You can click Other Actions on the
ribbon in the message and choose View in Browser to see the animations there,
but of course you are opening yourself up to...
Forum: Outlook - Installation September 20th 07, 07:48 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 5
Outlook 2003

Log on to Windows as an Administrator, open Outlook and accept the EULA. It
shouldn't ask again.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered --...
Forum: Outlook - Installation September 20th 07, 07:48 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 4
Email editor problem

Are the versions of Outlook and Word the same? They have to match if you
want to use Word as your e-mail editor.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT...
Forum: Outlook - Installation September 20th 07, 07:46 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 7
Error When Starting Outlook

Try creating a new Outlook profile from scratch and tell Outlook to open with
that profile. See if that fixes the problem.
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP...

You should repost your question to a newsgroup for Outlook Express. This
group is for support of Microsoft Office Outlook, and the two programs are
not the same even though their names are...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 20th 07, 07:34 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 11
Can someone suggest another Outlook Forum?

Why don't you want to use OE as just your newsreader and still use Outlook
for mail? You can run OE in a "news only" mode -- just add the /newsonly
switch to the shortcut you open OE with. You...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 20th 07, 07:16 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 7
Where are my appointments

Did you try simply opening the archive.pst file in Outlook via File | Open |
Outlook Data File? That is the much-preferred method for accessing Outlook
items.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP -...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 20th 07, 07:16 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Advanced recurrences

You might want to look at a 3rd party add-in called WS:Repeat Appointment
that allows you to choose a more customized pattern for recurring
appointments. Details...