Search: Posts made by: Bill
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring August 19th 09, 07:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 0
Posted By Bill
Outlook to do bar

Ok so I am using Outlook for the first time. In the main window with the to do bar and the email the calender in the to do bar has a 2 week block of days that are shaded showing a week before and a...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts June 4th 09, 01:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill
Save contacts to a text file

I want to save all my contacts into one text file. Could someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks, Bill.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
Forum: Outlook Express August 20th 08, 05:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill
can't open link in email

Bear

Thanks alot, it worked, don't know how it changed?
But it's working now
Thanks again
Bill

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

1a. [Control Panel Add/Remove Programs ] Set Program Access and...
Forum: Outlook Express August 20th 08, 01:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill
can't open link in email

When I try to open a link in a email by clicking on it ,it does not open
I have to copy and pate it in ie to work? any help would be appreciated.
I have OE6 and IE 7
Thanks, Bill
Forum: Outlook Express June 9th 08, 08:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill
newsgroups don't stay after synchronizing

Bear
Thanks for all your help, I never did any of the things you mentioned but I
will now.
Bill

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

Your current Identity may be damaged, especially if its the default Main...
Forum: Outlook Express June 9th 08, 08:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill
newsgroups don't stay after synchronizing

Bruce
In the current view the, show replies to my messages was checked, I un
checked it
and wamo their they are. Thanks, Bill

"bill" wrote:

Let me give that a shot,
Forum: Outlook Express June 9th 08, 08:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill
newsgroups don't stay after synchronizing

Let me give that a shot,
thanks, Bruce

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

What if you do it this way?

While in a newsgroup: View | Current View. Make sure Show All Messages and
Group Messages By...
Forum: Outlook Express June 9th 08, 08:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill
newsgroups don't stay after synchronizing

Bear
finally got the newsgroups back from verizon after a week of battling with
them,
the tech's on the line with me 1 hour all of a sudden they start appearing,
magic I guess.
the problem is I...
Forum: Outlook Express June 9th 08, 07:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill
newsgroups

Bear
Finally got my news groups. Had Verizon on the phone one hour
than magic happened, they started to download, imagine that.

Bill

"bill" wrote:

Bear
NG uninstalled both Zone Alarm and AVG...
Forum: Outlook Express June 9th 08, 07:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill
newsgroups don't stay after synchronizing

Mike
The options are set right, But my messages never return. I have msnnews also
in OE6 and that works right.
Bill

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

Select a newsgroup, then View, Current View. Is...
Forum: Outlook Express June 9th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill
newsgroups don't stay after synchronizing

After a week of battling with Verizon, I finally got my newsgroups back.
Now I can't keep them in oe6 after they are synchronized. I can get them to
download but after i get out and come back...
Forum: Outlook Express June 7th 08, 10:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill
newsgroups

Bear
NG uninstalled both Zone Alarm and AVG and tried. The only thing left was
for me to get a Vodka Collins and sulk. Will call Verizon back. Thanks for
your help.
Bill

"PA Bear [MS MVP]"...
Forum: Outlook Express June 6th 08, 04:17 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill
newsgroups

Bear
Turned off ZA and enabled windows firewall still ng.
I have Winxp SP3

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3)?

Assuming WinXP SP2 or SP3, see if disabling ZA *and...
Forum: Outlook Express June 5th 08, 07:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill
newsgroups

tried new id no good it doesn't make a dif when i go on line 2am or2pm same.
avg 7.5 anti virus in use now. thanks for the help guys

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

What about?...
Do you get the...
Forum: Outlook Express June 5th 08, 07:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill
newsgroups

Thanks Bear
I'm waiting for verizon to get back to me.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

What about?...
Do you get the same error if you attempt to access the newsserver in the
Forum: Outlook Express June 5th 08, 06:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill
newsgroups

It must be inside I have fios.

"N. Miller" wrote:

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 06:29:02 -0700, bill wrote:

I'm not really sure how to telnet can you explane it.

From a command prompt, you just...
Forum: Outlook Express June 5th 08, 03:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill
newsgroups

"bill" wrote:

Van
I tried it and it failed also. I got connecting to news.verizon.net....could not open connection to host, on port 119: connection failed

"VanguardLH" wrote:

"bill"...
Forum: Outlook Express June 5th 08, 02:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill
newsgroups

Van
I'm not really sure how to telnet can you explane it.

"VanguardLH" wrote:

"bill" wrote in
:

I had verizon newsgroups up in...
Forum: Outlook Express June 5th 08, 02:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill
newsgroups

Bear
I have avg 7.5 I had 8.0 but removed it to many problems.
I use adware anti spyware, and have zone alarm firewall.
I know it's configured right I had verizon on the line and they
configured a...
Forum: Outlook Express June 4th 08, 11:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill
newsgroups

Sorry i forgot to put in the error code

Configuration:
Account: news.verizon.net
Server: news.verizon.net
User name: bhanford
Protocol: NNTP
Port: 119
Secure(SSL): 0
Code:...
Forum: Outlook Express June 4th 08, 11:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill
newsgroups

I had verizon newsgroups up in till sun night.
than it stopped working, I now get "unable to connect to server".
I have microsoft news and grc on my oe and it worksfine.
I called verizon 3 times now...
Forum: Outlook - Installation January 18th 08, 08:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill
Outlook 2007 enter network password prompt

Here's what worked for me. Remove all accounts, reboot and add them back in again.

A Womand Told Me
http://www.awomantoldme.com
Forum: Outlook - Installation January 18th 08, 08:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill
Outlook 2007 enter network password prompt

Here's what worked for me. Remove all accounts, reboot and add them back in again.

A Womand Told Me
http://www.awomantoldme.com
Forum: Outlook - General Queries December 14th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill
Distribution lists

Brian, is there any way to have sub-categories? For example, I have a
category for a club but i'd like to subdivide that into members, commmittee,
friends, sponsors, etc. Thanks...

"Brian...
Forum: Outlook - Installation April 23rd 07, 04:36 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill
outlook 2003 and VISTA don't mix?

I have installed VISTA and Office 2003 on a new drive installed in a Gateway laptop and am having an identical problem. Whenever Outlook is started, CPU usage goes to 100% and I get multiple "please...