Search: Posts made by: SteveC
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 17th 06, 10:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By SteveC
Someone explain please

And by the way, Outlook also insists on making itself the default
mailhandler every month when it updates the junk mail filter. Nice! Even
though I prefer Outlook.
"SteveC" ...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 17th 06, 10:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 4
Posted By SteveC
Someone explain please

Why is it that when Oulook Express is the default mail handler, forwards I
send from IE go out immediately but when Outlook is the default you think it
goes out, but it doesn't until you open...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 15th 06, 03:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By SteveC
Outlook 2007 freezes

I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to close it if I click on a shortcut in the reading
pane. Same behavior if I open a window first. Rebooting fixes problem for
a while but it comes back.
Forum: Outlook - General Queries June 5th 06, 07:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By SteveC
Outlook 2007: Disable Instant Search

Tools:Options:Other:Advanced
wrote in message
I keep getting notified when I launch Outlook 2007 to download a
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 30th 06, 06:41 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 13
Posted By SteveC
Reduce gigantic icon size in 2007 beta?

Office XP and 2003 compatibility sounds good. At our school, half of our
PCs are still using Office 2000. We try to be meticulous with our licenses
and not upgrade without one (smile). I think...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 29th 06, 08:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 13
Posted By SteveC
Reduce gigantic icon size in 2007 beta?

I think they ought to at least allow people to turn on the classic menu when
they cannot find something. I am getting used to it and I think it will be
good in the long run (especially talking...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 29th 06, 07:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By SteveC
Outlook 2007

Thanks; I had looked in Options but missed it. I did try the workaround in
the KB article too, but there is no HKCR\.wll\PersistentHandler in my
registry to give permissions too. That may be the...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 27th 06, 09:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By SteveC
Outlook 2007

Thanks Diane. Is there a way to get Outlook 2007 to stop asking to download
WDS 3.0 until a bug fix is available?
"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 27th 06, 09:28 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By SteveC
Proofing tools for Office 2007

French and Spanish are included.
"Vitalie Ciobanu" wrote in message
First off all, excuse me for writing without searching the web...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 25th 06, 07:55 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 5
Posted By SteveC
Outlook 2007

When it starts, it prompts me to download and install Windows Desktop
Search, version 3.0, which I do. It gets to the place it is working in the
registry and it stops with the prompt Access...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 17th 06, 12:06 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 0
Posted By SteveC
April Update to Junk Mail Filter will not install

Everyone is having this problem that I know. I had it on all 3 of my PCs.
I had to uninstall Office, reinstall it, and load all the updates. Now a
friend has the same problem. Tomorrow I go to...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 15th 06, 09:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By SteveC
problems downloading UpdateOutlook2003EmailFilter(KB914454)

I couldn't get the update to install on any of my computers. I uninstalled
Office, reinstalled it, updated it; no problem. Ended up doing that on all
3 machines. Seems like an MS update problem....