Access Form from outlook?

Old August 17th 09, 09:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Edward[_2_]

Default Access Form from outlook?

Hey all, long time reader, first time poster here (cliche intended)

OK, so i have a custom program in the works to organize our emails by
"project". One of my missing links is to hook emails from outlook into
the MDB file.

Here it is very simply: User has outlook open, they select the email
they want, click a button and a small form with a dropdown box pops up
containing the names of our active projects. I want them to select the
project which relates to the email and click OK.

When they click OK, i would like the email to attach itself to a table
in Access.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
Edward
Old August 18th 09, 09:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]

Yes, it is. For the form I'd use an MSForm, which you can add to the VBA
project. For writing your data into the Access database I'd use the ADODB
library: Add a reference to it via Tools/References, select the newest
available "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects..." library.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

: Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool
: VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting
: http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en

Old August 19th 09, 03:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Edward[_2_]

On Aug 18, 3:06*am, "Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]"
wrote:
[...]

Edward- Hide quoted text -

Michael, thanks for the reply. I added the reference and am trying to
work my way through how this is going to work now. My hope is to just
have the MDB file out on the network somewhere and connect to it in
the background (ie, not have access open) to add the messages.

Do you know if attachments will go along with the email or will I need
a seperate logic for that?

Thanks again,
Edward