Error in loading DLL

Old March 1st 06, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Amir

Default Error in loading DLL

Hi,

I'm trying to use automation from Access to create new Outlook mail message.
This works fine in all of the computers, but the same code fails only in one
of the computers, showing error message no. 48: Error in loading DLL.

I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling Office, resetting the References,
copying the outlook library reference file from a computer in which the code
works to the failing computer, but non of these helped.

All computers (including the one in which the code doesn't work) are working
with Access 2002, while the rest of the office programs are of version 2000,
including Outlook 2000. I mean, all of these computers (both the ones on
which the code works and the one on which the code doesn't work) are
running:

Access 2002 (XP)
Outlook 2000
Excel 2000
Word 2000

What is causing the DLL error?
How can I solve that?

Old March 2nd 06, 07:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Dave Kane [MVP - Outlook]

Is the machine that fails accessible to you? What happens if you try to
compile the Access app on that machine (Code window Debug Compile
appname)? Can you automate other Office 2000 apps from it?
"Amir" wrote in message
I currently don't have access to the bad computer, but I think it's on line
2:

1. Dim olApp As Outlook.Application
2. Set olApp = Outlook.Application 'This gives error

I think it's similar to the problem described in the following page:
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1105446.php

But I havn't tried yet using late binding.

What is causing this problem?

"Dave Kane [MVP - Outlook]" wrote in message
Can you create a message using the Outlook UI on the problem machine? At
what exact step do you get the error? (show the place in your code)

Old March 12th 06, 01:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Amir

Hi, Thanks for your response.

Sorry for the late respone. I still don't have access to that machine, so
I'll describe what I remember for now:

1. I am able to create a message using the Outlook UI.
2. Compile completes successfuly also in the problematic machine.
3. I was able to automate Excel2000, but I'm not sure if I was using early
or late binding in order to do so. I havn't tried yet using late binding
there to automate Outlook. In a few days I'll get access to the problematic
machine, so I'll try late binding. Are there more things I should check
there?

Regards,
Amir.

Old April 2nd 06, 11:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
news.microsoft.com

OK, I've got access to that computer, tried late binding, but it still
doesn't work: same error on the same line.
I have no idea what to do next, except for trying to reinstall Windows or
something like that.

Regards,
Amir.