AUTO RUN A MACRO ON OPENING OUTLOOK

Old May 22nd 08, 05:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
middoabs

Default AUTO RUN A MACRO ON OPENING OUTLOOK

I have written a macro to run a .pps file and would like to know If & How I
can configure Outlook 2003 to automatically run the macro at startup.
Old May 22nd 08, 07:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]

Iin Outlook use the Application_Startup event for that.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

: Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool:
: http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en

Old May 22nd 08, 07:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
middoabs

Thank you Michael, but i'm pretty new at this & not sure how to do that.
Could you please elaborate.

Regards.....Peter(middoabs)

Old May 22nd 08, 07:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]

Open the Outlook VBA editor (alt+f11), the n the modul "ThisOutlookSession"
and paste this:

Private Sub Application_Startup()

End Sub

That will be executed on startup if macros are enabled
(Tools/Macros/Security).

Old May 23rd 13, 06:16 AM
RobbyStuart RobbyStuart is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by middoabs View Post
[...]

I would also like to use this autorun macro but need a bit more detail on where to type the private sub macro noted above.

I currently have my macro which runs a search in Module 1 under Project 1 in VB editor.

Where do I put the startup code? Do I include my existing code in it too or leave it where it is?

Thanks