vba code that insert a hyperlink file in the body of message

Old April 23rd 06, 07:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
gabriel

Default vba code that insert a hyperlink file in the body of message

Hello,

I'm searching VBA code that insert a file://mypath\mydata.doc in my mail
after he asks me where to find the file (openbox file ?). Is that possible
? I have no particular VBA skills, so...

The macro of my dreams :
1) I'm in the body of the message
2) i clic on a macro button
3) A openbox appear and let me choose the file (that is on my intranet under
\\gab\datat\...)
4) the maco insert the hyperlink file in the body of my message

Have someone an idea ?
thanks
Gabriel

Old April 24th 06, 06:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Michael Bauer

Am Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:29:00 +0200 schrieb gabriel:

Unfortunately in Outlook there´s no control for selecting a file. Here´s a
sample that uses the Win32 APIs directy:
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm

If you want to add the url at the current cursor position then you need to
use Word as e-mail editor or the Redemption from www.dimatr.com.

--
Viele Gruesse / Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Old April 24th 06, 12:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
gabriel

is specific for access
does not fit, have vba error (hwnd = Application.hWndAccessApp)
mfg
Gabriel

Old April 24th 06, 01:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Michael Bauer

Am Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:04:03 +0200 schrieb gabriel:

I suppose you can comment out that line.

--
Viele Gruesse / Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook