VBA - Identify Meetings Saved but Not Sent

Old February 3rd 14, 10:04 PM
4Runner 4Runner is offline
Junior Member

Default VBA - Identify Meetings Saved but Not Sent

How do you identify meetings that have been saved but not sent in Outlook via VBA?

I see Appointment Item properties to tell me if the item has been changed since being saved, but I don't see one telling me if it has been sent yet. Outlook itself knows - it displays a message at the top of the unsent meeting saying "Invitations have not been sent for this meeting." Obviously I am missing something easy, but I (at least think I) have looked down all the properties and don't see it.

For a MeetingItem, it looks like there is a .Sent (boolean) property, but MSN documentation says that the MeetingItem isn't generated until the AppointmentItem is sent, and it is in the recipient's mailbox. That seems redundant to me. If a meetingitem is not generated until it is sent, then the .sent property should always be true! (?) I want the same information for the AppointmentItem (having a MeetingStatus property of olMeeting).

I know how to retrieve appointments/meetings in general, but need to be able to tell if they have been sent yet. Thx!
Old February 5th 14, 12:02 AM
4Runner 4Runner is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up

Eric Legault [Outlook MVP] answered my question on another site/forum:

Use the PropertyAccessor to check for FInvited (http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x00620003); will equal true. Does not exist otherwise.

So, my Function to tell if a meeting has been sent is simply:

Function MeetingSent(oAppt As Variant) As Boolean
Dim PropName As String
Dim oPA As Outlook.PropertyAccessor

PropName = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x00620003"

'Obtain an instance of PropertyAccessor class
Set oPA = oAppt.PropertyAccessor

'Call GetProperty
MeetingSent = oPA.GetProperty(PropName)

End Function