Outlook 2007 Macro From Contact to Task

Old June 2nd 13, 04:01 PM
lms lms is offline
Junior Member

Default Outlook 2007 Macro From Contact to Task

In my new default form of my Contacts, I have a number of ComboBoxs that under the Value, there is the list of the Possible Values. So when I open up the Contact using my new default form, I have a droplist of words to pick.

In my new default form for a Task, in the P2 I added the same Comboboxs.

Is there someway that there is a macro that when I create the task assigned to the contact, I run the macro and it automatically adds the value of the comboboxs on the contact that I pick to the same comboboxs on the task.

For example, as to one Combobox, here are the following info:

The Name under Display is "NextStepCombobox1"

Under the Value, the field that I choose is "Next Step"

Under the Value, the Type is "Text"

Under the Value, the List Type is "Dropdown"

Under the Value, the Property to us is "Value"

Thanks to all for the support!
Old June 6th 13, 08:17 PM
lms lms is offline
Junior Member

Here are the details just in case anyone has some helpful thoughts.

In my default form for contacts, I have added Comboboxs and each one in the Value area as to Choose a Field is a Text Field that I created, the Type is "Dropbown", the Property to Use is "Value", and then under Possible Values, I wrote in a list of words and phrases where at the end of each phrase is ";" which under the Combobox, each phrase shows up part of a drop list, and I just identify which phrase I want to show in the field on the Contact. And the other type of Combobox as to Choose a Field, is a Date/Time field and nothing else to add to it, so in the field of the Date/Time in the Contact, I just type in the appropriate date.

So what I want to do, is have the same type of Comboboxs from my Contact to be in the form of the Task, and then when I create a Task that is a Assigned to the Contact through Assign Task or New Task For Contact, the phrases that I identify in the Comboboxs of the Contact, automatically are in the same Comobboxs in the Task to which the Contact is assigned to in either way I mentioned above.

So these the details and if anyone knows how to do it, I appreciate it, or are there other forums to be connected to in this area.

Thanks again for great advice.
Old June 9th 13, 05:23 PM
lms lms is offline
Junior Member

And here is another thought as maybe this is more simple.

When I created the Task form, in the Page called P2, that is where I added the same form of Comboboxs from the form of the Contact. And as an example, one of the Comboboxs that I copied from the Contact form and pasted it to the Page P2, is called "Next Step" and in the areas of fields of the Contact form the field name is "Next Step"

Then I added to the Page P2 from the Control Toolbox a "text box".

Then in this "text box" I right clicked on it, chose Properites, Value and as to Choose Field, I used the field related to one of the Comboboxs of the Contact default form and used the field "Next Step"

So when I run the form of the Task, and in the Combobox I pick one of the values in the the droplist, and that value automatically shows up in the "Text Box" I added.

So when I open a contact and create the Task that is an Assign Task to the contact, or in the list of contacts, I click on a contact (not open it), go to Actions, Create, New Task For Contact, how can the "Text Box" in the Task receive the value decided from the drop list from the Combobox named "Next Step" in the Contact. And if this is something that can do it, I don't need a combobox in the Task form, just Text Boxs that get the value from specific fields of the Comboboxs or other fields in the Contact to which the Task is assigned.

Maybe this is easier to do perhaps?