Outlook Form not viewable

Old June 9th 08, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
LETUSSKI

Default Outlook Form not viewable

I created a form for Outlook and it was working correctly for several months.
However, there are now several files that are only displaying the default
e-mail message form and so data that was put into specific fields is not
displayed. When I open the file in a text editor I can see those fields are
there. How do I get these messages to display in the form that they were
originally created in?
Old June 9th 08, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Outlook version? What's the value of the MessageClass property for those items having problems? (You can find out by adding that field to a table view.)

What files are you referring to?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old June 9th 08, 08:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
LETUSSKI

Outlook 2003 SP3. There are about 253 fields in the form, I'm not surre which
one you want the MessageClass property for? When refering to files I was
refering to the message files. The form in question used the the message form
as a basis for creating the form; it just has 240 user defined fields added.

Old June 9th 08, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

The value of the MessageClass property is the best indicator of whether an item created with a custom form has one-offed, a state where the custom form definition becomes embedded in the item and causes drastic behavior changes.

Regarding "message files," Outlook does not store its data in discrete "message files." Are you referring to messages saved outside of Outlook as .msg files?

If the behavior of the form has changed radically after adding 13 new fields to the form, the most likely explanation is that you've exceeded the maximum number of fields. There is no exact maximum, but an item can contain no more than 32kb of data, excluding the item body and any attachments. I start getting nervous when the number of fields exceeds 150. A form with more than 250 is very likely to be over the maximum.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP