Preview Pane Doesn't Display Custom Form

Old May 23rd 14, 07:42 PM
TonyaVG TonyaVG is offline
Junior Member

Default Preview Pane Doesn't Display Custom Form

I'm using Outlook 2013 and have customized a Message form to include labeled text fields. The purpose of the form is to allow personnel in the field to provide emailed situation reports, but have the Subject line auto-populate with data from specific fields as the report is typed. I set the properties for the initial value of the Subject field to handle that part, and when I test the form it appears to work properly. As I type information in the form, the fields that I specified in the initial view property go into the subject line as expected. When I send the form to myself, I see the subject line in the preview pane but the rest of the form does not display. I cannot see the form until I actually open the message.

Is there some way to get the form fields to display in the preview pane? Since the data in the subject line shows up, I don't understand why the rest won't. I need this to work because some managers who will read the report access their email using a cell phone and can only see the To/From and Subject lines. Again, using a cell phone to access my email allows me to see the information in the Subject line, so it doesn't make sense to me that the rest of the form won't display.

Thanks in advance for your help!