Is there any way to get access to mails on getting error?

Old January 25th 12, 05:24 PM
durham durham is offline
Junior Member

Default Is there any way to get access to mails on getting error?

I need to know how to access mails as i am getting "Outlook.pst can not be accessed - 0x80040116". This error comes when i access Outlook 2003 and i am not able to access my mails.
Old January 26th 12, 01:03 AM
henry_jones77 henry_jones77 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by durham View Post
I need to know how to access mails as i am getting "Outlook.pst can not be accessed - 0x80040116". This error comes when i access Outlook 2003 and i am not able to access my mails.
Hello Durham,
Outlook gives this error when PST file of Outlook gets corrupted. In such case you need to use Scanpst.exe to restore Outlook PST file. In any case Scanpat.exe does not repair corrupted PST file then you need to use third party tool to repair it.
Download the software and restore corrupted Outlook PST file.
Old January 31st 12, 04:39 AM
marshal_hubs marshal_hubs is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by durham View Post
I need to know how to access mails as i am getting "Outlook.pst can not be accessed - 0x80040116". This error comes when i access Outlook 2003 and i am not able to access my mails.
HI durham,

When you try to open a personal folders (.pst) file, you may receive the following error message, where Outlook.pst is the name of your .pst file:

Outlook.pst can not be accessed - 0x80040116.

To resolve this issue, run the "2 GB Truncation" tool, run the Inbox Repair tool, and then open the repaired file. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329910
Old February 7th 12, 11:22 AM
Avak94 Avak94 is offline
Banned

When Outlook PST files get corrupted or damaged, all the emails, attachments, contacts and other data become completely inaccessible to the users. To ward off such circumstances, PST recovery process is proposed which repairs the PST files as well as retrieves the lost data.