How can I copy a list of email addresses into an outlook folder?

Old September 11th 09, 11:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Waveney Johnny

Default How can I copy a list of email addresses into an outlook folder?

At some point in the past, someone in the office has put a large number of
email addresses into a message, and has ever since been using it as a sort of
ad hoc distribution list - by constantly re-forwarding the message. I want to
copy all those addresses into a proper distribution list. Or make a contacts
folder containing just those email addresses. Is this possible?
Old September 11th 09, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Waveney Johnny" wrote in message

At some point in the past, someone in the office has put a large number of
email addresses into a message, and has ever since been using it as a sort
of
ad hoc distribution list - by constantly re-forwarding the message. I want
copy all those addresses into a proper distribution list. Or make a contacts
folder containing just those email addresses. Is this possible?

Create a new contact folder. Right click each contact in the recipient list
and choose Add to Outlook Contacts. This will open a new Contact record.
Click FileMove to Folder and specify the new folder.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old May 5th 14, 04:12 PM
mideerhunter mideerhunter is offline
Junior Member

Hi Brian,

I wondered if you are able to answer a simple question for me about Outlook 2003. I have created a distribution list of 530 manually and now found out that my server will not allow more than 100 to be sent out for one message. Therefore, I must either transfer (divide) big list into 6 smaller ones or come up with a different solution. What is easiest way to accomplish this? I can be reached at (517) 569-3164 or Thanks.