Link to Item doesn't Work

Old May 5th 09, 04:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
shell

Default Link to Item doesn't Work

When using the “Link” feature for a contact, it does not work. It used to
work. Before when it worked I was using the Tools | Actions | Link feature.
When I click on existing links that were made this way, no error and they
opened very quickly (and the file is not read-only).

Now when I attempt this procedure locally with Outlook 2003, nothing
happens. No error message, no beep… but also no link. At least I don’t see
a link and when I close the contact it doesn’t ask me if I want to save the
changes so obviously changes were not made.

When I attempt to link to a File from FileSite (our Document Management
System) on the application server with Outlook 2002, I get an error message
“Operation Failed”. When I attempt it with an email, nothing happens but
also no link.

I did a test and created a contact with my info. I clicked on Insert | Item
- scrolled down to Filesite. I added a shortcut to a file, an attachment.
Only problem is a WordPerfect error (an error has occurred in processing an
OLE API) pops up.

So although the two Features are similar, they don’t do exactly the same
thing obviously. I’d prefer to use the link rather than the insert method.
It worked before. We just need to figure out how to make it work again.

Any ideas?

Old May 18th 09, 02:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook

I think you'll need to contact the FileSite support people as "Link to" is
something they add to Outlook.

In Outlook we would use Insert as Hyperlink to add a link to a document into
an Outlook item.